Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOUTH EAST QUEENSLAND CAMPING SPOTS

keen_as_mustard

Re: SOUTH EAST QUEENSLAND CAMPING SPOTS

We just got back from Easter camping up Noosa way. We was originally booked in at Noosa North Shore Wilderness Camp but after the way my girlfriend and I were treated we refused to stay there. The bloke that runs that place is only interested in making money, not making people feel welcome. The place has so many rules and when we told him the sites he allocated for us would only fit half our stuff, he told us he didn't care about our problems and if we didn't like it we should leave and "never come back". I don't think he realises he works in a service industry. After a short argument we finally got our money back.

As you can imagine, finding somewhere to stay the day before Good Friday is near impossible but John's Landing were more then welcome to have us. Totally opposite feeling, very relaxed (although I can understand the comment regarding the yobbo element - no problems however). We met several nice people there and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Fishing was a bit ordinary, although managed a few prawns. It was $9 per car per day. I imagine it would be a great spot outside of peak times.

Next time I might try the camp sites past the Everglades - bush camping with no facilities but hopefully no crowds!

hi I have never done this before, hope i,m not butting in but have you got any tips for great camp spots around 1 to 2 hrs form gladstone
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    #Lake Cooroibah Caravan/Camping park is now called Noosa North Shore Caravan Park, (not the Wilderness Camp). #You could also try further up river at Fig Tree Point, or Harry's Camping Area, depending on your boat/vehicle situation. # These are QNPWS areas, so the standard permit/fee applies. #Have fun, it's a beautiful area.

Hi Becc and welcome. #No you arent butting in.

What sort of camping will you be looking at doing - caravan park or out in the bush?

If you are bush camping click on this link to the EPA. #If you click on either Central Coast or Central Highlands on the map it will give you a good idea of camping grounds in National Parks and State Forests in that area. http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks_and_...parks/forests/

Cheers

Derek

We love to camp on Short Island. Only accessible by boat- as it is near Jumpinpin. We leave the car at Rudy Maas for about $17 per weekend and camping there is free! Worst parts about it though are the occasional sandfly/mozzie infestations and the glass beer bottles that people have left behind- smashed! Some people are so thoughless ??? ???
    Another fave spot to fish the bay is Blakesleys anchorage just south of Dunwich. So far, camping there has been free too! Rangers even came to visit!

Yep,

Blakesleys is a good spot if ur fishing the southern bay, quick trip across from Reddie Bay ramp.

Another one is the Amity camp ground. Best spot is the most southern waterfront site. You can leave ur boat in the water without it being high and dry at low tide. Great view too, looking south over the sand spit you almost think ur up in the Whitties. Easy acesss too for SP Bar.

Cheers,
    Tony 8)
    Best time...out of season
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak