Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UNIQUE CAMPING SPOT

UNIQUE CAMPING SPOT

Hello all

Here is your chance to have your say.

What for you is that unique camping spot. You know, the place that keeps drawing you back year after year, time after time.

Tell us all about it and why it is unique for you.

For me it is Peach Trees State Forest Park at Jimna. The natural beauty of the place, the peacefulness, the birdlife, the unique flora and the wildlife. Also, ever since I can remember, the possum in the roof of the old toilet block. This place has it all for me.

Cheers

Derek

The_Walrus

Re: UNIQUE CAMPING SPOT

Hi Derek,

Sounds like a nice spot.

Mine's Boondooma Dam, heaps of space, camp right on the water edge and great facilities.

Fishing's not bad either and plenty of wood supplied. All you have to do is collect it from the wood pile.

Luc

Well Derek, this is going to be an interesting subject.

I have done my fair share of camping over the years, and to be honest, the majority has been near the ocean.

I shall however, try to do a little more " inland " stuff in the coming years.

Of late I have been pitching tent in a Caravan / Camp Ground in Hervey Bay. Getting old, or just like the free bus rides to the RSL ?

OK, back to the subject.

Scrub Hen Beach has to be the all time favourite. When you book this place, it's all yours, no one else can camp there. 300 meters of private beach, rocks at one end, where you sit and eat oysters til you're full as a state school. Fishing from those same rocks produced some of the most memorable fishing moments and catch's. The absolute beauty of watching the sunset over water. All of this for $4.00 a night.

Where is Scrub Hen ? It's the northern most beach on the inside of Whitsunday Island in the 'Whitties'.

A five minute boat ride to Hook Island, but you are a world away.

We take a big boat and a tinnie from the mainland. Gents in the boats and women and children take the inter-island ferry. The guys pitch camp, then we pick up the others from Hook Island.

Hardest part of camping there, is to decide Coral Trout or Sweetlip for dinner !

If anyone out there ever wanted to ' do' the Whitties, camping is the go. All charter boats can drop you off at any beach, all is National Park. The wildlife is another amazing thing about this place. Birds, Natives and Lizards...... 8) 8) 8).

Having said all that, I been to Waddy Point at Fraser Island over the last couple of years, on Family trips as well as " Bloke " trips, and it is pretty spectacular.

Good subject Derek and looking forward to more posts.

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

hey all my fav spot is on private property on the dumeresqe river (not sure on spelling) near tentifield the fishing is great & the hunting is just as good, the people are the nicest farmers i have ever met, realy down to earth and no one around to anoy you. and best of all there is no mobile phone cover, wot else can i say but HAPPY CAMPING
    cheers
    caveman

Jack_Lives_Here

Would have to say mine is private property down the New England. Plenty of clean air, a few cod and plenty of bunnies to bust.

Very hard choice, one of em is in the bottom of the boat ??? Yep I can camp almost anywhere with the boat and Im still camping in the boat

Brett tells me it gets a bit " damp " on the floor of your boat , Rob ?

What's he mean ?

I hear Sikaflex is on special at Bunnings this week........
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phill, Between the floor and the bottom sheet it has been getting very wet

A couple of the beams have come partly unstuck, put several fractures where they joined the sheet.

There will be no reports from me for the next week, Ive been through 5 grinding disks allready, sealed decks are good untill you have to get under them.

Hi All
    very good topic it lets everyone know some different place to go and relax our place is basically on our back door do not have to drive to far but still nice for the weekend South Currigee great little camping spot for the family swimming, fishing, the native wildlife, and the roo's when your not looking raid you food box or it's the poor old bandicoot left holding the bag because his mate roo has flown the coupe but it is a great place to laugh and have some fun in the sun or you can go walking the bush tracks over the the surf or just hang around the camp site put a chair in the water and fish or just read a good book

Cheers
    Steve

Come on all you happy campers.

Surely there are more than just half a dozen of us who have a uniuque spot, even if it is in the bottom of a boat.

Let's hear from you all.

Derek

Its getting harder to find camps that are "rent free" , they are the best I camped under cape clinton a few days this week, the most out of the way spot ive camped at before, had a nice little stream along the side of it, nice view and had it to ourselves, the boat got me there to

Brett_Hoskin

1....The Ord River

2.. A little place up near Cooktown which is sheltered enough to survive a cyclone but there always seems to be a slight breeze running through the camp. And it's right on the beach and Muddies and barra are readily available. And it's a good place for naked fly fishing as there is just no-one about. and no Marsh flies either.

3.Whim Creek W.A

4 Fitzroy River > W.A

5. Ningaloo Station W.A

6.and everywhere in between!!!!!
    If you are camping who gives a stuff where you do it!!!!!!!!

There is a really nice camping spot at Somerset just below the dam wall yet the council has been wanting to close it for years. The fishing is exellent in the waterway adjacent to the site as long as you fish early in the morning. Late night revellers can spoil it if you like to get any sleep but other than that it is very picturesque. Weekend waterskiers tend to take over the site and party hard so the best time to go is midweek when it's quieter.

Hey Escafeld

That is a great little place to camp just below the dam. #Not only that you have a good chance of catching a bass or yellowbwelly off the bank there. #I am surprised it is still going. #I wrote an article on it that was published in Bush N Beach Fishing last year.

Next time you are camping have a look up in the trees because there are koalas living there.

Cheers.

Derek

Hi Derek, let's keep this place quiet eh? 5 bass and one yellowbelly in twelve casts using a $2,99 super Amart lure.
    Koalas? I thought thats what they were.
    At around midnight i heard some pretty fierce grunting so I left my tent to investigate. Since we were quite a distance from any other campers I knew it wasn't any dirty weekenders. Torch in hand and ear cocked I strained toward the sound which I ascertained was from above my head in a rather large gum tree.
    At the time I did mention to my wife that I didn't think that pigs could climb Noisy little beggars aren't they