Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UNIQUE CAMPING SPOT

Re: UNIQUE CAMPING SPOT

I am going to have to add the Borumba Deer Park as a pretty uniquie place.

It has all the modern facilities of a Caravan Park yet you can still camp in the bush and have a camp fire.

Nearby is Borumba Dam where you can catch Bass, Yellowbelly and Sarotoga till your hearts content.

Not only that the venison pies from the onsite canteen and made from the farmed deer are a treat for any pie lover.

Cheers.

Derek

Wilderness camping on top of Mt Bogong, Victoria's highest. The scenery, wildlife, flowers is amazing. Drinking from pure streams is amazing.

Bloody windy though! And freezing cold. Very little land to camp on- wish the camera had wound the film as the photos were nothing short of breathtaking!

When i was a youngen we used to go to a place about an hour from emerald, we called it "the gem fields" i think it may have been called saphire. Anyway, you need a lease to camp and prospect there, but it is a great place to be if you want to be away from everything and if you try you may strike it lucky with a big saphire. There are fresh water streams and water holes out there also, not sure how the fishing would be out there.
    Tim

Begra caravan park is a top spot has got the lot.only 5 houres drive from Brisbane.

Camping on uninhabited islands in the Torres Strait have been the best camping experiences for me so far. Coconuts, so much fish, reef to explore and shells everywhere.

There's no one around - the dogs and kids (and husband) have a ball. It's so beautiful at night watching the sun set over the ocean as the armoa of oven camp fish wafts thru the air.

Take me back! [smiley=angel.gif]

Flinders Ranges! Its got everything, scenary, great campsites, and well worth the trip.

If you rearly want solitude, get well organised, and take a trip across the Simpson Desert, and stop overnite at the Birdsville Camping Ground, and also take a look at the Working Museum.
    Its got the most amazing collection of everything imaginable including old farm machinery.

We stopped overnite at Delhousie Springs on the other side of the Simpson, The Springs are body temperature, and once in, You never want to get out. Tezza.

Hey Derek, Where is borumba sounds ok

Bruce

On your map head north from Brisbane till you find Gympie, look west and you will see Imbil. #Borumba Dam is near Imbil and the Deer Park is on the road between Imbil and the dam.

The Deer Park run an ad in Bush N' Beach Fishing Magazine. #You can check it out there or give them a ring on 07 5484 5196.

<<< This pic was taken there.

Cheers

Derek

Thanks Derek.

Cheers Bruce.

I love camping at Atkinsons dam at easter. It is the second caravan park not the first one that I am talking about.
    We usually grab a powered site and up to 4 other families share our site and the one beside us. basically turns into a campfire drinking session at night and by day the freshwater fisho's go fishing while the rest of us either go ski-ing on the dam or just chill in the tent reading or playing cards. We take the woofer with us and take great pleasure walking her on a leash past the other thousand dogs morning and night.
    Its pretty much R&R for me and the wife, but for the young ones its go go go.
    The owners installed a pool recently which is good cos the dam is only 20% full. Lovely place all the same and woth a visit if ya need some quiet times.
    cheers
    Les

corrobree billabong, dunno why just seems like you are fishing/camping in a postcard scene every where ya go.

Dont know if any of you lot have been to shady camp (in the N.T) but the fella who named that joint had a good sence of humor. There only be one tree of any value at the place, shady my arse... great fishing the mozzies can some time be abit much.

Most places here are tops, one of the best things about living in Darwin...

Muz

Ha Muz, Yea we were at shady camp a few years ago now , yep one tree full of green ants ouch!!! All so seen a few dick heads standing in the water huh was that a croc or two Fishing was great

Derek , our fav. spot is inskip point on from rainbow beach, great fishing both ocean side and in the bay. need to pick up your water from free taps at rainbow but good eco-dunnys and 4wd on beach, one could spend hours just watching 4wds boarding the barges for fraser island , second spot is kolan river mouth a short drive up the beach at Moore Park Beach, via bundy no dunnys ,water etc excellent fishing..

It's great to see this post keep popping its head up. #Keep it up people and soon we will be able to plan a trip around Oz just on these posts.

Like to see some stuff here from Victoria though, particularly the coast roads east and west of Melbourne.

Cheers.

Derek

My three favourite camping spot are Cape Range National Park at Exmouth W.A beside Ningaloo Reef miles in front of anywhere I have been.Next is Middle Lagoon on the way to Cape Leveque W.A and Cape Arnhem N.T. out of Nhulunbuy on Gove Peninsular. The reason? great fishing and not many bloody people around to spoil it all.