Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UNIQUE CAMPING SPOT

Re: UNIQUE CAMPING SPOT

Bugger

Now you have done it. #Next time I wont find an empty space on the bank to get my lures in the water.

Cheers

Derek

Well my favourite camping spot is definitely the Beaudesert racecourse! That's where we stay for Carpbusting at Easter, an event we look forward to all year & it's only 2 days away if you havent heard.

The sunsets from the car park over the hinterland are magnificent, the people are the friendliest you'll ever want to meet, the beers are cold and the sound of the horses training at 4am inspirational & there's free entertainment on Saturday night & lots of great prizes at the weigh in on Sunday.

For the cost of fishing registration & minimal camping fees it beats all those u beaut places you could pay big bucks for & you can do the right thing by ridding the dams & rivers of those nasty carp & replacing them with native species.

Do yourselves a favour and come along...........it's the best fun you'll have all year.

MangroveJase

The place was Cape Leveque north of Broome in W.A, 4 weeks of isolated fishing bliss.
    Three lads, ‘Froggy, Lozza and myslef’, and a 4wd Ford Transit van, a tinnie and enough beer to stock a small pub.
    We set of from Broome early, the corrugated hell heading north was single lane track/road and very remote. Around 6 hours and 300 k's into the trip, Froggy (Driver) was at the wheel and heading along ok, I jumped in the back to whip up a few sanga's for the boys. The last thing I remember seeing was the butter hit me in the face........... yes, we had rolled the 4WD . Or should I say we spun through the air, landed on the driver’s side, perfectly flat and parallel to the road and then continued to slide down the road for about 40 metres. When we stopped sliding, the first thing I heard was Froggy starting to laugh. I couldn’t believe it, he still to this day reckons it was part of the trip he wouldn’t change.
    Everyone was ok, and the beer was not damaged, even the tinny on the roof was only slightly scratched and scared. We scampered out with minimal cuts and bruises.
    We were all a little in shock I think, as we were all quite jovial about the whole thing, and seemed unfazed about for the first few hours.
    We emptied the van and camped the night on the side of the road with the gas fridge in good running order and stocked of brew. The radio wouldn’t work, and we knew help could be little way off, but we also knew the track was at least travelled weekly. We had more than enough provisions.
    The quietness in a remote place like this at night is amazing. We drank a few beers that night and after a few laughs and few 'What was that"!! jokes we fell off to sleep.
    Around 3 am a slow rumbling through the ground soon changed into the sound of a vehicle approaching.
    We jumped up quickly as our ride still lay in the middle of the so-called road so we wanted to warn them of it, and us.
    I was amazed to see a big converted troopy come into view it was set up with a 'rage cage' on the back and full of about 30 local aboriginal men women and children from the Beagle Bay Mission, they were heading south to Broome.
    I cant imagine what they thought as they pulled up and seen 3 blokes, a tiny gas fridge, and 16 cartons of grog next to them, all in the middle of nowhere.
    They all jumped out and there were smiles and teeth everywhere.
    The three head blokes offered to help and we hooked up the winch to the Transit Van and slowly pulled it upright. To our amazement it was in reasonable good nick except for the paintwork of course, and the engine turned over first go! Our saviours also gave us two 'still frozen' Spaniard fillets for breaky as well! We thanked our new found friends, and after picking their brains for fishing spots. We said goodbye and let them continue on their way.
    We packed the van up and started heading towards a large bay the local lads had marked on a map for us. They told us that there was an old homestead site there, now long gone, but the fencing and the rain tanks were still there, and that the fishing was amazing. When we finally arrived at our new destination, it was as they said and just perfect.
    This trip was nearly four weeks in length, and the fish and species that were caught would number in the hundreds (all released, except for a few nice fillets each day to go with the muddies). The inland areas we explored in the vehicle were as amazing as the coastal areas.
    We wouldn’t have found this spot if the accident didn’t occur, and if we hadn’t asked the local crew when they helped us out.
    I have been back many times now with both friends and family and each time is a new amazing experience.

This story is far too long already, and I will finish up now. But Cape Leveque is the place to camp and the place to fish, I have never been any where like it and I am sure you will find it the same as well.

Mangrove Jase

Hey Jase, where's the mud map and the photos mate.

Derek

There is a lake on private property north of Broken Hill that produces yabbies by the bucketful when they are around, it's quiet and peaceful and beautiful, in a desert kind of way. It's a bugger getting around on it in a 12 foot punt when it's windy though,, mine's now named "Tinytanic",,,,nuff said.

TJH

For something close to brissie it would be hard to go past Teewah beach out of holiday times. You can't beat the view for the "verandah" with a cold beer after a day of beach fishing

Just remembered my other fav camping spot is at Tripcony at Caloundra maybe cos we are making our annual trip there next week.

It suits everyone in our group cos it is right on Pumistone Passage for us fishing types, close to bottle shop for us who like a tipple & keeps the teenagers happy with movies, coffee shops etc just round the corner.

It's incredibly well run, clean, inexpensive & so close to Brissy & our campsite got on Creek to Coast not so long ago.
    What could be better?

The Wreaks, at Tangalooma. Moreton Is. Been going scince I was a lil bloke.Not as good now they built the dunnys but still nice.MQ

Found a unique spot last weekend.

The person in charge was the Ranger From Hell.

But, that's another story.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hey Phil, if I am reading between the lines properly maybe he needed to be. Hahahahahahaha.

Derek

Sounds like the Teewah "Hilton" Terry. A great spot to spend quality time at. Is it the duplex above the cliff? I recall the BBQ plate needed straightening once so we took it for a drag along the beach behind a Niva..........hahahaha
    Watch out for snakes tho, they come inside for warmth & frighten the sh*t outta everyone.
    The gutters fish very well there, good lizards lurk in the shallows..or dart further out if you have to!
    Cheeeeeers
    Zanna

gruntahunter

Hi Zanna, I thought u must have got done in by a awful rugby leaque ref, its been so long since I,ve heard from you. Speakin bout campin Ryan and I are off to mission pt this weekend for some R&R, which is well deserved I must admit. Seeya soon I hope
    Pete

Camping?? I love it..anywhere I camp has to have a name affixed to it..like Hilton, Novotel etc...To me roughing it is when room service ceases at 10pm.

gruntahunter

You are of the female persuasion I take it Pinhead

To Grunta
    Zanna is still around! Camping at Caloundra got off to a slow start cos I got blardy sick again! They have no doctors there on weekends, just the blardy hospital, waste of time believe me.

Got into the bream later in the week, thanks to a wonderful tip from a local, he had a 1.3kg to show all & sundry.........you all got bait needles? They are the go especially with hardy heads.

I think it is a unique camping spot, so close to home & fish are in the passage for the taking. But if the Council has it's way the camping ground will be gone in 3 years Very hard to find a high rise that takes tinnies