Thread: Hawkesbury camping and fishing location?

Hawkesbury camping and fishing location?

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any camping areas by the hawkesbury river? Somewhere on the water, down in the salty stretch so that I can chase some bream, flathead etc. Bridge + / - 10km or so.

Apologies to those who have read this in the camping section already!

Thanks

Glen

Re: Hawkesbury camping and fishing location?

try Spencer. Some top spots along there.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

If you have a boat then one of the best spots is "The Basin" in Pittwater. #Its got gas barbies and covered tables. #Plenty of area to camp. If boatless you can get the ferry across from Palm Beach.

There is another small area on the shore opposite Bar Point just across from Milson Is. #Need a boat for this one also.

Thanks Heath and Gunna. think i'll get a map and check out the spots around spencer and bar point. They are the kind of area I am looking at, something close and easy to do some camp fishing with the kids. www.whereis.com.au doesnt have much detail, think i'll get a topographic.

Thanks 8)

Glen

I also saw a great little spot in Mooney Mooney. Its about a k or so above where the expressway crosses. Its on the southern bank. It looked like you would need a 4x4 to get to it. I dunno where the track down would be but maybe a good map would show you.

I used to live on Mooney mooney Creek. Each of the spots mentioned are pretty good.

I think you can get into the one on Mooney mooney Creek by road, although I always used to just head up there in the tinny after launching from the backyard - God i miss it

Although living in Hervey Bay the last 3 years it could be worse...
    Cheers,
    Tony

Lads,

The spot on mooney creek just upstream from the expressway, would there be saltwater fishing there?

Thanks

Glen