Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildlife Pics

Re: Wildlife Pics

Here's some big ice chunks that fell and piled up along with the base of a waterfall.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Here I am standing in front of the ice pile. There is also a cave in the wall (lots of those to see throughout the place).
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Long drop.

Don't fall here!

Nice view from above!

Quote Originally Posted by el_carpo
    Next! Some strange mushrooms on the forest floor. #
    We call those Mushies"gold tops"
    [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif]

Pine trees! They smell great!

I love this pic. River and tree.

Now here is what was once a large elm tree. Biggest in the state until....

Last one for now. My hands and eyes are tired. Neato waterfall pic. Well, that's it for Starved Rock. A beautiful place in an otherwise mostly flat, barren state. Those stairs sure were high! Seven flights all about 50-90 feet or so. Not bad for a fat guy like me It's funny, people leave little written messages on the steps saying things like, "Keep going! Only 70 more steps!" There is an eagle sanctuary very close to this place and I saw about seven of them but couldn't get a good shot. They look like little black dots in the sky so I didn't bother posting them. I'll try again some day. More pics in the future. Thanks for letting me post them up Ausfish. I hope you all like them.
    E.C.

For a bit of contrast, here are some that I took at Kakadu. Some of you will have seen some of these, mainly for you El C! Keep the photos coming, I reckon this is a great thread.

Croc at Kakadu

Lichfield National Park

This one is at the base of the falls above

kakadu again

Lichfield