Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildlife Pics

Re: Wildlife Pics

Next! More 'shrooms! Hen of the woods and giant puffballs. Yummy!
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Next! Last mushroom pic! Oyster mushrooms. Also yummy!
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Next! A rose from the garden.

Next! Seagull! You know these guys!

Next! You know these guys too Pic taken in the Shedd Aquarium. They have a neat reef set up.

Next! This is what you're summer looks like here. These are the pines out in front.

Next! I hate these things!

Next! 'ello ratty! 'ello moley! Mr. Toad! A little "Wind in the Willows."

These next ones are from a hike we took at the famous Starved Rock state park here in Illinois. It's called that from a story that happened long ago. A native tribe was fleeing from another tribe and sought refuge high in the sandstone bluffs in this area. They held out as long as they could but eventually starved to death. I saw no ghosts, but I felt them. This shot is from behind a frozen waterfall.

A view of a bluff.

My father and I looking at the Illinois River from a bridge. I'm on the left.

Some trees growing from a canyon face.

Here's my brother Chuck sliding down the side of a bluff wall. I don't know if the pictures are capturing the height in the right perspective. Some are nearly 100 feet. I think this one is 70. I am now afraid of heights.

Some local ferns growing on the rock.

Very high up frozen waterfall.