Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Wildlife Pics

Re: Wildlife Pics

!!! YOWZAS!................ Thanks a lot PinHead! Now I have to try to sleep with the nightlight on for the next week!

SPIDERS---The dang things give me the creeps like few things can. BRRRRRRRR....

I have a story about one that REALLY got me once........

I'm twelve years old or so at the time (possibly ten but who knows). There I was, minding my own business waking up like I always do. My eyes are still blury with sleep when I look down at the blanket and what should I see? A big, weird looking red and grey spider of some sort. "Wait!" I say. "This could b a trick!" (My brothers loved to pull those types of jokes on me...anyone with siblings who knew your weaknesses knows what I mean...a little blood in the water and the sharks go nuts ) Anyway, I'm laying there looking at this possible spider with as much attention as my sleepy eyes would allow when all of a sudden, the thing starts moving....WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA!!! "That's no fake!" I whip the blanket to the floor and start whooping and hollaring like a chimpanzee who stepped on a tac! My parents come in and ask, "What the heck ya doin' Tom?!"

"Spider!...In!...there!...floor!...blanket!... must kill!...save Gotham City!" It was no good. I was running on a massive fear-induced adrenaline rush and couldn't communicate with the humans. I gave up trying, and proceeded to jump up and down trying to squash my eight-legged attacker.

"You probably killed whatever you were trying to kill by now Tom. Why not have a look?" Asks Dad. Though I believed it would take a good two hours to do the job, I took my Father's advice and had a peek.

Hmmmm....so far so good....no sign of Mister spider yet....maybe he's over here (I jumped really good over here)...I'll just lift this fold of blanket and...WHOOOOOAAAAAA!!! "He's not dead! He just made a run for it under the bed!" "Get 'im Dad! Quiiiiick! Before he gets awaaaaaay!"

He got away....... To this day, I have no idea where he wound up. Probably lost forever in the mess I used to keep under my bed for just such an occasion. You see, that's why you have to have a massive junk-pile under the bed as a kid. If monsters and spiders and snakes and dragons all decide to attack you, you'll be fine. They'll get so lost in your under-bed security garbage labyrinth (that you painstakingly installed by the way), they'll never be able to find their way out and bite yer toes. So many adults forget that as they grow up. ......

There you have it, the tale of "Terrified Tom and the Spider of Tomorrow." That's just a tentative title. It's a work in progress. I may just call it, "Spiderman 3" though some copyright laws may prevent that.

By the way....Great pic of that spider PinHead and the snake chowing down on the bat is top quality too Chris! Very cool! Thanks for popping them up on the board for us to see fellas.

E.C.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

wife served meatloaf the other night, made on roo mince from Coles, beef or snapper anyday... 8)

The wildlife I love is about 2 metres under the water in this pic,Gotta love it!!!!!

turtle at tangalooma

That looks like a great spot Jimbamb. I love finding sunken timber to fish. The trees always seem to hold some fish.

Looks like you got an admirer Chemmy! That's a neat pic of the turtle. What kind is it? Do those guys follow boats a lot or is that a rare occurance? Do you think he was looking for a meal or just checking out the boat? Very cool to see! Thanks!

E.C.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

a mysterious beaching of a wild shark on fraser island..
    "whats the time"

I have seen a smaller shark beach itself on Fraser up near the light house during turtle hatching season. It was chasing schools of fish in the shallows and then rolling back in! This could be the same type of thing maybe and just couldnt get back

EC,
    the main fish in this water are Barramundi,up to 130cm and sooty grunter.It is a stocked impoundment

Thanks for the information Jimbamb. Good luck and good fishing.

Great pic of the shark snappa! Was he dead long when you found him? I was wondering if you could eat him. Seems like a waste. Pitty he died like that. Anyway, it's a great pic and thanks for posting it.

E.C.

I take it, eating it would be a bad idea. Just wondering. Just wondering.

the turtle was stealing our burly trail > > >

Ausfish Addict

I agree Rob. plenty of fish photos but this one is different.
    cheers
    Joe

Hello again,

It's been ages since I've had any pics to post in this thread. I have one of a local lake I recently fished. This is Tampier Lake.

While fishing there, I kept seeing some neat birds flying nearby and tried like heck to snap a picture of them. I have to cheat here because I failed miserably to get any photos that looked any good (little black dots in the sky don't count as good pics right?) I found pics on the net of the species of birds I saw and will post them here. Sorry they can't be first hand photos.

This first one is an American Goldfinch. It's a bright yellow bird with some black in the wings. Really neat to see. They love to eat sunflower seeds and I get them in the garden often (maybe I'll get a photo of one there in the future).

Some egrets were fishing directly across the lake from where I was fishing. I snapped a photo but my camera is low quality and the zoom is blechhhh! All I saw were little white dots. No good. This photo shows what they look like pretty well, so I'll post it. There were five of them stalking small fish (bluegills and other sunfish and minnows) in the shallows. Really sad that they weren't closer because it would have made a great pic. Blast!