Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Wildlife Pics

Re: Wildlife Pics

I use a Samsung V3 3.2megapixel crappy digital camera.. but soon.. hopefully, ill also be upgrading.. and getting a Nikon D70, after using Dug's for a few seconds to snap off a few photos of him catching a mack tuna.. i was impressed

Can you spot the birdee

Tim

can anyone help with this?

is this a white horse with black strips or a black horse with white stripes???

zebra from the dubbo zoo
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Thanks Zeeke and Doug for the camera info. As usual, your pics look good. That's some good camo that bird has. I doubt I'd see him if he stayed still and quiet.

Speaking of camo; nice pic of the zebra Philip. Those stripes are probably one of the most famous features in the whole of the animal kingdom. I was watching a program last night about wild horses in Colorado. On it, they had a horse that came from a Mexican breed that had a faint stripe pattern exactly like the zebra but only down on its lower legs. Pretty interesting. The rest of it was a regular brown color but at the lower legs, you could see the striped pattern. I can't recall the breed's name at the moment, unfortunately. Anyway, nice picture!
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

SHANE

Queenslander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cane Toad

So that's what the little devils look like. Those are the invasives that are causing all the problems right? How is the effort to get rid of them going? Is there a chance they can be contained or eradicated or are they pretty much there to stay?

It's a nice picture Shane! Thanks for posting it!

E.C.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

el carpo im not sure about other people however were i live i haven;t seen a cane toad for atleast 3 years. we used to go hunting them and get 4-5 in about 20minutes but they seem to be under control here now.

Bring on the Marlin!!!

you should know what they look like El Carpo they are an American import (From Hawaii:-) #Bloody things

cheers doug

Phil where are you ? we still have them round here on the sunny coast I can kill 2 or 3 a night.

PS nice shot! I should get out and take some toad photos but I just hate them.

Bloody Cane Toads.. so bloody common on my side of the hill, we have 2 big freshwater dams in the tree farm behind my house.. so toads are everywhere.. can kill upto 30 a night and still kill that many the next day... we now play toad golf, toad baseball, toad cricket and toad tennis.. which is the most fun, we throw the toad towards the person with the tennis racket and they wack the toad as far as they can down the road...

Tim

dug im in The Gap a "valley/hole" in western brisbane.

toad tennis sounds like fun ill have to paly that if i find one again

Bring on the Marlin!!!

millions of toads up here in the Cairns area as you'd expect. They were originally released not far from here.
    About time someone put a humpheaded emu in

Wear safety goggles if you do hit the buggas they spray toxin for a fair distance and it can blind you if it hits your eyes.

ive been hit in the eyes a few times by the toxin.. makes ur eyes itch and sore.. flush the crap out as soon as you can.. and as dug says.. can make ya blind

Tim

Photos of Australia! MMMMM Mud Crab, this is what caused my allergy to seafood. Margo will be eating this one.

Cane toads are in no way contained or under control in Australia.

However some encouraging news is some snakes can now eat the tadpoles due to building up an immunity to it, also some birds have learnt to flip them over and eat everything but the skin.

There is a creek behind work here, and every 3 months it is covered with Cane Toad Tadpoles.

Mick

A lot of great and unusual photos in this thread - much enjoyed