Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Awonga new campground

Needmorerum

Re: Lake Awonga new campground

'Old Santa Glenn'. This looks better in the photo than it actually is. The edge is alot of lillys and weed, and muddy. Tracks there show that a few boats have been launched here.
    24° 13.60s 151° 15.39e

Needmorerum

Oh yeah, and having a play while we were there.

Needmorerum

A fenced off Taragoola Road.

Thanks Corry good photo's. I am still a bit confused as the site you gave would not be the site the local wanted to get access to the dam. I think the fence the locals cut might have been the Futter creek access.
    At least I know where to go now.

Tarragoola rd from the Monto rd side shouldnt be closed off...but l do know who did it.. "Just put a couple of strands to keep my cattle in "was his reply Just lift the wire and go through... yea right...About the house that used to be there.. it was removed to the top of the hill to the left overlooking the dam ....nice view......
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

So Awoonga
    Is either of those spots, Tarragoola Rd or Santa Glenn the area where you directed me when we came down in April. Sheesh that was a long time ago when you stop and think about it

Cheers
    Mark

Needmorerum

Bros, the site the locals were cutting the chain on, I think would have been the northern gate on the old road where the new road starts to make it's way inland. I would want to have access to this area also. The Bush Camp is located between the northern and southern access along the old road. If this makes sense.

Awoonga, when he said 'just put a couple of strands to keep my cattle in' he did this 3 times. Do you know if Taragoola Road is still open from the Calliope side. I am hoping to get out there this weekend to have a look.

Am looking forward to getting the tinny down there soon to have a poke around, beats running all the way up from the main ramp.

Corry

Guys, First off we need a meeting of all that are interested in using the Futter Creek side of the Dam... We are going to lose it if we do nothing....Mark where you went was back about 4 ks from the new camp site... Not much chance getting your boat in at the new site..you can still put your boat in that same spot but you have to be careful...You know what happened last time pm me if you need info on the futter creek ramp! Cory yes its open but the water level is going down quick... the only safe place is were the road goes into the river

I remeber only too well >
    Cheers
    Mark

Just returned from fishing Wiroma dam ... l think that is how you spell it ... Called in at the new camp ground 8 campers there They think its the best thing since sliced bread....

Needmorerum

Went for a run into the Calliope side of Taragoola. What a paradise. This is one that is worth keeping a secret. Although by the looks of the amount of camp grounds that people have made there, it's far from secret.
    Reckon it could be worth a sleep over some time.

Corry

Needmorerum

One of the many Camping Areas

Needmorerum

The Road Crossing, and not visible in the photo, but one of the best boat ramps I've seen for a while.

september B&B mag has a write up on lake awoonga's new boynedale bush camping ground
    cheers

Needmorerum

Yep, so hopefully everyone will go there and leave the good spots to us.

Corry