Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camp lighting

Re: Camp lighting

Sniper can you tell me where to find the colights.I have searched the web and cannot find them

I am thinking of buying a versalite,how long would it take to flatten a battery out of a mitsubishi lancer

probably best set up for most light would be an inverter. 300watt about $80 and then use large household type flouros running a normal 240volt lead.
    Either use inverter or generator.

Just went campign on long weekend with my wifes family. 3 tents and 3 generators. 2x 2 stroke and my 4 stroke. No one else around and on the beach, so fine with the noise. In fact with wind and long extension leads - can't hear them.
    My wife has informed me she doesn't want use to use flouros because she doesn't like the ambience of white light camping - prefers gas or spotlight (yellow). First of all I thought she was mad, but then realised she was right. Bright flouro lights suck camping - sort of ruins the mood when relaxing with a beer, fire burning and everything lit up like Woolworths. Of course I'm considering yellow flouros (no bugs, mossies attracted - makes sense).

12v flouros are good for inside the tent.

We had 3 x 150w spotties mounted in trees and bro-inlaw had a large flouro hanging in his gazebo (screenhouse cooking area). - no issues with light believe me. PLUS it was a full moon.

We bought at supacheap a battery jump starter.. it has a small light in it.. and has sockets for cigarette lighters. They cost about $35 with 2 cigarette sockets and were about $90 with 4.

You can plug in any appliances with cigarette lighter fittings. We use it in our tent to blow up our airbeds. We use it for our electric shower pump. It also gets used for all our lights. You just charge it up in your car or by 240 power point.. It can't be overcharged they say and it lasts for ages. .

I reckon it was the best investment for camping we have spent money on.

Cheers Maryanne
    aka mrs skippa
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

hussy

great lighting makes it look like daytime. ha hussy

hussy

i buy the cheap 12v flouros from bunnings,super cheap etc. and then i use wheelchair batteries easy to get hold of. most security systems use them and replace them when they go flat .most of the time they accept a charge and last for years. hussy

Where do you get the wheelchair batteries from,how long does power last?

I had a look at K mart and saw a battery jump starter starting at $30. Am thinking that the hundred dollar ones look the go though, the power lasts about 30 hours

hussy

ring any sesurity company they throw them out

Has anybody tried the multi-LED lights they have a Supercheap, saw one today shaped like a fluro but has 60LED's draws only 12v 2.8watt (very low) and cost $49