Thread: Camping at South West Rocks Area

Camping at South West Rocks Area

Some freinds and I are looking at camping aroung the South West Rocks area, I have a 4.45 tinnie and standard car, Ideally would like a bush spot where we can have a fire to cook from etc with car access? So far I can only find national park with no fire's etc, If any one knows of a location they feel would be suitable and willing to pass on would be appreciated, can be closer to Brisbane also, Fishing types Esturary or off shore if possible.

Once again thanks for any info

Re: Camping at South West Rocks Area

Look around wooli/minnie water

c.j.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Gorilla_in_Manila

Fish seeker,
    Hat head National park looks like you can have fires.
    http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/...=N0014&Type=Xo

Drove up the beach from Hat head (a couple of years back) and where I left the beach just south of Smokey Cape, drove through a nice looking camp area amongst trees, palms etc. I assume it was the national park camp site.
    Access appeared ok for sedans and you could walk over to the beach and fish just south of Smokey cape. Bit far away from town facilities and the river though. If you wanted esturary fishing, probably better off staying at caravan parks in town.

If you are coming from the north, as c.j. siad, you are going past some nice places. Evans head, Iluka / Woody Head, Broomes Head, Sandon River, Minnie Waters, Wooli, Corindi Beach ...

But then again, SWR, Hat head, Cresent Head, Point Plommer etc further south is a great part of the world also.

Cheers
    Jeff

Pic smokey cape from south

Thanks guys will have a look at some of the places suggested