Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Know - How to get rid of Geckos

hussy

Re: Anyone Know - How to get rid of Geckos

forget the creepy spray blow em away with say a 30-30 or 6.5x55 that will fix em bob, lately converted to gun- nut. hell yeah

Like them myself, although we would only have about 20 around the house

Couldnt kill one.................................... yet

Mozzies bad at Wynnum they keep a couple at bay

Daniel_Trenfield

Seems there's a market for gecko removal.

My pest guy reckons only two things will slow them down - petrol or double sided tape. One is expensive & the other gets smelly after a while.

Fact = Gecko's are attracted to air conditioners. In summer there is a source of moisture(indoor unit) and all year round the electronics are a source of heat. Gecko's, mice, rats, ants, snakes etc. etc. can cause damage to any a/c system.

The last split system I fixed after a gecko BBQ cost the client $800 + gst.

Check the fine print of your insurance policy if it happens to you. Some don't consider gecko's to be vermin.

I've heard that cheap surface spray works well on the non-native gecko, they seem to be the noisy buggers that crap everywhere and kill off native species.

John

Time to bump this post up for the latest updates....what is da bomb for these lil mongrels? I have got one Aircon confirmed dead via the asian imports and possibly a second thats not too healthy probably from them too.
    Short of the 12 guage, what is effective at killing them off?
    Jack.

I used a double tube extension on the vacuum cleaner to get to the ceiling. Got about 10 the first two nights but the survivors wised up quickly & would flee when I turned the vac on. I then tried fly spray which caused them to drop smartly to the floor but you still need to be quick with the vac. I used the paper vac bags which I taped up & stuck in the bait freezer overnight before going into the bin. Might try the dettol next. It worked very well on toads in the past.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterbo3 View Post
    I used a double tube extension on the vacuum cleaner to get to the ceiling. Got about 10 the first two nights but the survivors wised up quickly & would flee when I turned the vac on. I then tried fly spray which caused them to drop smartly to the floor but you still need to be quick with the vac. I used the paper vac bags which I taped up & stuck in the bait freezer overnight before going into the bin. Might try the dettol next. It worked very well on toads in the past.
    Can they swim, might make a gun live bait........

If you are right handed this is one of the ways to get rid of then inside. Take one strong LED torch in the left hand in the right hand a fly swat. Shine the torch in their eyes keeping it there walk closer and hit them with the fly swat easy gets them every time.

Mate i own a pest control company and the only successful way is ring garrards and get some rodent sticky baits and put them in the areas where they are a problem that is the only way to reduce them if you need to talk more pnm me mate

I like the little fellas. I find them as being cute and they eat mozzies, moths, baby cockroaches, termites and just about every other pest insect that they can fit into their mouths.

Louis

Quote Originally Posted by culbara View Post
    get some rodent sticky baits and put them in the areas where they are a problem that is the only way to reduce them
    Yep that what I did for down in the shed, bought them from Bunnings and cut them into half and then placed them where the buggers are active. Got heaps of the buggers. Not recommended for around the house as it’s not the most pretty thing seeing them stuck to the trap
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

for air cond units..chuck some moth balls in them. I had a mental block the other day Tony but mothballs keeps them away.