Thread: Camping at 1770

Camping at 1770

Hey All,

Im going up to 1770 for the long weekend coming up in June and just want to ask a few questions.

How far is the boat ramp from the camp site and where do most people leave there boats at night.

Is there a supermarket or shops close by to save me from having to take up a heap of groceries.

Are there any Resturants/Pubs/RSL's where i can go for meals.

Also can you get yabbies anywhere near the camp ground or in the local estuary for bait.

Cheers Nathan

Re: Camping at 1770

Nathan,
    mate, this place has all of the things you are looking for. For the most recent fishing performance and all your bait and tackle needs drop in to Agnes / 1770 Bait and Tackle on your way through to 1770. It is owned by an Ausfish member, Agnes Jack (Tony). He will help you out.

1 - Boat ramp is only about 1km (or less) from the campsite (if you are the caravan park on the water). If you have a small boat / tinny most people just pull them up on the beach in front of the camp and leave them overnight. If you have a bigger boat there is room at the back of the camp site for trailer parking.

2 - There are a couple of shops (convenience stores) in Agnes Waters, 6 km from 1770. You have to drive through agnes to get to 1770. I think there is an IGA / Foodstore / Foodworks store there also.

3 - There are heaps of places for meals. If you are at the beach caravan park, the best bet is to walk along the beach to the 1770 store. This is a resturant / bar / bottlo. They do good food, and the local talent is good on live music nights (most nights). The local jeweler from Agnes gets up on stage and is a good entertainer. He can play guitar and sing a tune.

If you feel like a drive you can head to Agnes to the Tavern (I have heard the meals are not as good as they used to be), and there are some other eateries in Agnes.

4 - Bait - mate there are a heap of places to get bait. I was there about a month ago for a week, and there was a heap of live bait in the estuary. There were people pumping yabbies up from the caravan park too, but there are better yabby beds up the creek a bit.

It is still a good spot, even thought there have been a lot of changes over the past 15 yrs since I first went there.

Cheers.

Ed.

Thanks Ed that was really helpful. I've never been there before and i can't wait, im so excited. Hopefully the fishing is good.

Cheers Nathan

shane_wright

HI NATHAN
    I WILL BE UP THERE FROM THE 7TH TO THE 12TH WE WILL BE STAYING AY THE CAMPING GROUND NEAR THE MAIN AMENITIES BUILDING IF YOU ARE AROUND DROP IN FOR A BEER OR TWO JUST LOOK FOR A SEAFARER VICTORY NAMED "HEAVENS OUT THERE"IF ITS YOUR FIRST TRIP THERE YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME FISHING, EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS UP THERE NOW A DAYS

REGARDS SHANE

All things considered, buy your groceries prior to getting here.

Bananas.......$8.99/kg
    Bacon ..........$14.99/kg
    Apples.........$5.99/kg
    Fuel..........ULP........$1.30.9
    Eggs..........$3.99/ doz
    Butter........$3.60/ 500gms.

and meat.............don't ask !

BUT, by all means support the place you are holidaying in.

Tony at the bait and tackle shop has prices better than Brisbane, and you get more off for mentioning that you are an Ausfisher !

Then again, you could pop round my place for a BBQ, BYO meat though

Cheers Phill 0419 020 697 ( Agnes )
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

shane_wright

PHILL

SOME OF THOSE PRICES ARE NOT TO BAD LAST WEEK WE WERE PAYING 1.33 PER LTR UNLEADED AND 11.99KG FOR BANANAS

REGARDS SHANE

Call in and say g'day Nathan
    I can give you any info you require, maps etc, point out some good fishing spots, and fill you in on the latest goss mate. Next door to the butcher main shopping centre, in Agnes Water.

Ausfishers are always more than welcome

Regards, Tony

Shane I will come over for a beer, don't know which end if the camping area im in yet. Just know i've got a spot up near the beach.

Tony, I will require more tackle so ill pop in one day over the weekend and say hello.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Cheers Nathan.