Thread: leslie dam

mju_75

leslie dam

Hello,

Thinking about heading up too leslie dam for the long weekend can anyone tell me some things on it how much water there is and if they have been catching any fish up there? and is there anyone else heading up that way for the long weekend

Cheers Mark

Re: leslie dam

Haven't been there for a while so I can't give you an up to date response, I'm afraid.

However I believe the water is very low at the moment.

Louis

Bundy_Burp

According to http://www.sunwater.com.au Leslie Dam is currently at 13% of its storage capacity .

So I am guessing its very low

Leslie hasbeen around 10 - 15 percent for over two years. Two summers ago it was 11 percent and i was fishing it from a 5m Quinny I was launch from the dirt at Washpool camping reserve. Pretty sure 11 percent then would be the same as now; therefore,
    Its about a 200m walk to the water from the camp ground, and the lake is about the size of say two major shopping centres and there car parks put together. There is plenty of fishable areas ... not much room to ski. Watch out for submerged logs and rocks etc. The fishing at leslie is traditional very good around xmas when the water temp rises and the yellas are on the move. I have allways had good success when the lake is over 15 percent. A big positive at this time of year is that the weed will have died off a fair bit so lures should swim well. Cant offer you much more than that however if i was going id check the ground under my boat trailer before i launch its a terrible place to get bogged and id be using medium runners suck as manns 15plus or bass vipers etc etc
    Have a great weekend ...
    Norm