Thread: driving to 1770

driving to 1770

hi can any one tell me the easiest way to 1770 should i go through bundaberg or turn right at miriam vale or is there another way
    Will be towing a caravan and want the best road not necessarily the quickest
    Thanks going up saturday
    Paul

shane_wright

Re: driving to 1770

Hi are-we-there-yet
    I have just come back from 1770 1 week ago and i drove up from the sunshinecoast towing a 2 ton boat we went up to bundy across the first bridge and followed the signs to 1770 we found that this was the best way from the south to go as you dont have to go up as high as miriamvale and back down, the roads are quiet good to travel as well

regard Shane
    PS. have a great time

With a caravan, I would take the Miriam Vale option. # It is about 15 minutes longer, but the roads are better than through Bundy.

The roads through Bundy are not bad, although there is a ' bumpy ' section for the first few kilometers past the 1770 turn off, just nth of Bundaberg.

You can also stop at the end of the Miriam Vale road where it meets Fingerboard Rd, and buy ya fruit and veg from the roadside stall, run by Eric. #Why, cause the F #& V in Agnes etc are rather exy !

There is also some road works that commenced a couple of days ago, which has the road partially covered in dirt and gravel.

Other reasons are reasonable fuel prices at the servos nth of Gin Gin. #Other # fuel stops should be Matilda's at Gympie ( Kybong ), Curra ( nth of Gympie ) #and Sth Maryborough ( on the H'way. ).

Be aware of the 50kph zone going through Tiaro #and Childers.

Further, at the Bauple intersection, the road has deterioated
    badly. # #.again !

If you choose the Bundy route, the Mobil servos #Sth #and Nth of Bundy sell good F & V and eggs for about $1.00/doz, usually.

Might see ya here.

Also be aware that Agnes Water Bait & Tackle are now located a kilometer before Agnes Water on the right hand side. #Be sure to stop and say ' ello #to Tony, Sandi and Josh.

Cheers #Phill #( 0419 020 697 )
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks for all the info
    I will go #through mirianvale on the way up and #maybe come back home through bundy
    My sister was a teacher at agnes about 15 years ago (i guess the roads are alot better than then)
    i havent been there before but looking forward to it
    I have an 11" car topper with a 4.5 hp and a 4x4 so i hope to do alot of fishing
    Tony, Sandy and Josh will be sure to get my business

paul
    Paul

May see you then Paul;, have a safe trip.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here