Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sand Spears

Sand Spears

We often spend a great deal of time on the beach, and in particular on Moreton Island and at the bottem end, see here http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mansfi...6022&t=k&hl=en

On a number of occasions, we have found the pump at the Rous Battary to be not working and have been looking at Sand Spears.

In the first instance there appears to be only one or two available (not cheep) and I was looking for some feedback from those who may have one or used one..

Thanks

Bill_Klein

Re: Sand Spears

Best investment i ever made Anger got one about 12 months ago. I camp and fish DI and the water there up against the hill is good some spots you can make a cuppa from it.But it gives you plenty of water for showers saves taking containers with you more space in 4be etc

NeilD

They are pretty expensive for what you get. Has anyone made one themselves?
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Klein
    Best investment i ever made Anger got one about 12 months ago. I camp and fish DI and the water there up against the hill is good some spots you can make a cuppa from it.But it gives you plenty of water for showers saves taking containers with you more space in 4be etc

So what type, How much ?

Please provide some more info :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Horse
    They are pretty expensive for what you get. Has anyone made one themselves?
    Neil
    Yea, interesting. My mate and I have made lots of items, but thought this may be a bit over the top...

Two types as I understand it..

1: Hand driven
    2: HP water pump to act as the lance

Bill_Klein

Yeah Expensive but the way i look at it,as my missus says if she can have all the camp set up comfortable them then i can do whatever i like LOL
    As to what it is and where to get one well i got mine at Gone Campin in Tewantin but i understand they make em in Burpengary or Caboolture i have a mobile number to contact if you like .
    Now it is stainless steel inner and outer tubes inside one has spear,Pump is inline pump used on bigger boats as ive been told, pump has 40psi pressure and 17 litres per minute we take a garden hose with us and wash down the car with it. to power it 12 volt alligater clips to battery or i just use one of supercheap autos battery packs 900 amp or better will last longer.
    If you want a photo of it let me know and i'll take a pic of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Klein
    Yeah Expensive but the way i look at it,as my missus says if she can have all the camp set up comfortable them then i can do whatever i like LOL
    As to what it is and where to get one well i got mine at Gone Campin in Tewantin but i understand they make em in Burpengary or Caboolture i have a mobile number to contact if you like .
    Now it is stainless steel inner and outer tubes inside one has spear,Pump is inline pump used on bigger boats as ive been told, pump has 40psi pressure and 17 litres per minute we take a garden hose with us and wash down the car with it. to power it 12 volt alligater clips to battery or i just use one of supercheap autos battery packs 900 amp or better will last longer.
    If you want a photo of it let me know and i'll take a pic of it .

Yes please, and many thanks for the time you have taken.

A contact number, Pics and approx $$$ would be great.

Bill_Klein

Cost me 800 but i went for the bigger pump ( 50 more )
    first pic is all set up not in the ground but thats the easy part he he will post another pic of the spear end next post ok

Bill_Klein

this is the spear end hope the pic comes out this time will try the other one next

Bill_Klein

Bye the way it's me Bill Klein just changed my name ok

Bill_Klein

looks like we cant have pics on the chat so if you like i'll email them to you ok

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor Guy
    this is the spear end hope the pic comes out this time will try the other one next
    Must be a problem some where as it states your picture has been deleted on both posts ??

Can you try to resend the Pic if they are less then the 100k it states they must be and the contact details on the people who you purchased from.

Anger

Quote Originally Posted by AngerManagement

Must be a problem some where as it states your picture has been deleted on both posts ??

Can you try to resend the Pic if they are less then the 100k it states they must be and the contact details on the people who you purchased from.

Anger
    I will try to upload a pic from home and see if that works.

Bill_Klein

ok trying again

Bill_Klein

it is only 49kb so it should work and it's jpeg
    give me your email addy and i'll send it that way if you like