Thread: what Icebox?

what Icebox?

I am in the market for an icebox to use on fishing trips as we all as camping trips - there are loads to choose from and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions on which would the best type to go for - fibreglass or plastic and which brands people have found good. Ideally I would like to use the box as an extra seat so it would need to be strong enough to support a persons weight.

Grateful for any help / advice

Cheers

Commodore

Re: what Icebox?

evacool 100%

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

Tropical........absolutely fantastic and tough as nails.

Cheers
    Dave

check out similar thread in tackle forum
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Thanks guys - I looked at the other forum and helpful stuff there so I'll hit the shops at the weekend

Cheers

One thing to think of no matter what box you buy ... test that you can lift/ move it when it's full

I bought a big tropical and although it fits more that enough drinks and what every I put in it .... I find it too big to move when full of ice ...

Glen.m

Tropical are bullet proof and keep ice very well for days.

Glen

Go eva kool their great .

The extreme eskies are very good. they hold ice for up to 4 days, depending on conditions. The only negative I have heard to using the fibreglass eskies is that they can chip very easily. For that reason I would go for the tropical coolers.

CHRIS_aka_GWH

evakool fibreglass iceboxes are the greatest for keeping something cold the longest

they acknowledge though it seems the greatest flaw in fibreglass eskies - toughness

http://www.icekool.com.au/

evakool's words in the ad, not mine.

personally I bought a tropical so I could keep the evakool from getting damaged. The incorporated hinges of the tropical were desireable compared to other poly boxes.

If it makes any sense, I bought a Tropical because I love my EvaKool so much !!!

hi i bought an eva cool ice mate after looking at all that is on the market,i liked the eva cool fibraglass box but i would have been to scared to put it on top of my camper in case i damaged it, the ice mate by eva cool is excellent,it is polyurethene (plastic) ha ha thats easier to spell, and it is more robust...

http://www.techniice.com/english/iceboxes.htm
    We use 2 x 80 litre techniice boxes, tough as nails, hold ice for days, and the right price!

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS_aka_GWH
    evakool fibreglass iceboxes are the greatest for keeping something cold the longest

they acknowledge though it seems the greatest flaw in fibreglass eskies - toughness

http://www.icekool.com.au/

evakool's words in the ad, not mine.

personally I bought a tropical so I could keep the evakool from getting damaged. The incorporated hinges of the tropical were desireable compared to other poly boxes.

If it makes any sense, I bought a Tropical because I love my EvaKool so much !!! #
    Exactally the point i was going to make Chris i have a good fibre glass esky but it was getting knocked around in the boat so i went the 160l Tropical for the boat and im very happy.

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Team,
    has anyone tried out the recent new icebox line at the Tackle World stores? I cannot think of the name of the ice box.

Apparently they are made in Asia somewhere? They were a grey / clear colour, with flecks of a darker colour through the plastic. Apparently the guy at the tackle shop in Rocky bought on eand is happy with it. They are a fair bit cheaper than the Tropicals, but not sure of the quality difference.

Cheers.

Ed.