Thread: Thunderbird Park Report

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Thunderbird Park Report

We just spent a very relaxing weekend at the creekside camping run by Cedar Creek Lodges at Thunderbird Park. I would rate the joint very highly for young families in the Brisbane Gold Coast area for a quick weekend getaway. It took us 40 mins to get there from the Daisy Hill area driving at a leisurely pace.

We arrived Friday & left Sunday, so 2 nights in total camping creekside (non-powered) for 3 adults and 2 kids cost $84.
    The grounds were very well groomed while still maintaining a bush setting, the ammenities spotless and well stocked. The staff were very professional and friendly and accomodated our request for a different site (better view) with a smile and a simple "no worries". The staff obviously work the place but are never obvious - just what you want - no camping ground nazis. They encourage a relaxed family type atmosphere.

You can have contained open fires (not bonfires).

They allow dogs (within their guidelines - leashed, well behaved, cleaned up after).

We really enjoyed the joint - it isn't hardcore camping but its a great place for the kids.

The negatives ... its a bit of a walk to the ammenities or, as we did a shorter walk up a steepish hill. Taps near the sites are apparently unsuitable for drinking - we found that out after we left ... we should have read the info brochure as the staff reccommended - we are all still ok.

if interested ...

www.cedarcreeklodges.com.au
    www.thunderbirdpark.com

now the slide show ...

Our Camp. My Landy decided to leak fuel all over my manifold so it stayed at home - so Mick brought his ...

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Re: Thunderbird Park Report

as i said you can have fires within reason - if you look closely in the background you can see the creek & the great view we had of the kids playing

CHRIS_aka_GWH

hard core bushmen exploring the creek

CHRIS_aka_GWH

the kids at one of the many rock pools

CHRIS_aka_GWH

digging thunder-eggs

CHRIS_aka_GWH

if you believe in past lives - Tom knows horses and horses know Tom. He has known how to ride since day dot. This horse is called Phillip ..apparently!

Maaaate.......there's NO tailor in Cedar Creek !!! is there ???

what were you thinking??

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Quote Originally Posted by fish2eat
    Maaaate.......there's NO tailor in Cedar Creek !!! is there ???

what were you thinking??

from certain nameless recent efforts, Cedar Creek has just as many tailor as South Straddie

chris

ouch!!!!!! #there's been a security leak

stuart

from certain nameless recent efforts, Cedar Creek has just as many tailor as South Straddie #

chris
    At least we are trying and not rolling over, hiding in the bushes and giving up so easily on the tailor season!

Looks like a fun trip Chris, I am sure the boys (young and old) had a ball.

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

At least we are trying and not rolling over, hiding in the bushes and giving up so easily on the tailor season!

Looks like a fun trip Chris, I am sure the boys (young and old) had a ball.
    something about rum & campfires just feels right .

as for the rolling over,

remember in Rocky 3 when Sly went to Siberia to get the eye of the tiger ... or was that Rocky 4 or 6 maybe ....

ADRIAAAAAAAN !

I stayed there 2 weeks ago in one of the lodges, and we found the staff to be very rude and indifferent, and not too interested in good service and fulfilling promises.

I won't go back there, and we also had same feedback from another couple.

Cheers