Thread: Need help with Lucinda Camping!!

Asylum

Need help with Lucinda Camping!!

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I have a problem I was hoping you good people may be able to help me out with. My mates & I are planning a trip to Lucinda in 2 weekends time only to find that the local accomodation is fully booked out and there isn't like a national park or anything of that sort available for us to pitch a few tents in.

So, where should we go?

We are located in Townsville. I was thinking around Taylors Beach but don't know anything about that area? Like good accomodation, boat ramp, decent fishing spots, etc etc. Or was thinking maybe hitting further south like around the Bowen region but have the same doubts as per above. Also Mission Beach is another option but again I have no idea about the region either?

Any idea's guys?

Re: Need help with Lucinda Camping!!

hi bigt,
    if the lucinda caravan park is booked out you are rs the only other place i can think of is hinchenbrook cost $2 per person.
    cheers
    tuppence.

Leave car n boat in lock up at port hinchinbrook cardwell and head out to Macushla camp site Missionary Bay Nrth end of Hinchinbrook. Or the Haven in the channel it's not that far from the port boat ramp.Missionary bay opens more options though.I 'm hoping to be down there in 2 1/2 weeks for 2 nights.Sth Mission caravan park isn't full at all[we'vehad a week or so of sun in the last 4 months].Or you could leave your car and trailer at my place[sth mission beach]and camp on 1 of the islands that are close in here.Usually can have 1 to yourself.

I forgot if you want any more onfo on mission beach pm me.