Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 18 of 18

Thread: Semi flexible solar panels

  1. #16

    Re: Semi flexible solar panels

    Those 430W panels look very interesting. Close to realistic Watts per Square metre specs and the price is reasonable too.(for flexi panels anyway)

    They claim 19.2% efficiency? Claims are all good on the net though, Would be nice to find an unbiased test. 2 of these should support a 60A solar controller?

  2. #17

    Re: Semi flexible solar panels

    Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Cool-ER is more appropriate then cool Dave...

    Even with the vented gap setup she still radiates some good heat inside the hardtop...that thin big black panel sure does heat up and it sits only about 15mm off the hardtop surface itself...





    Only used it once so far and didnt have the luxury of Midday sun or barely any sun unforunately...
    Cool. Thanks Scott. Ill find a way to increase the gap, especially as it will be mounted over a Bimini. Pretty sure I read somewhere of fires being started by these panels being installed without the vented gap.

  3. #18

    Re: Semi flexible solar panels

    Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Cool-ER is more appropriate then cool Dave...

    Even with the vented gap setup she still radiates some good heat inside the hardtop...that thin big black panel sure does heat up and it sits only about 15mm off the hardtop surface itself...





    Only used it once so far and didnt have the luxury of Midday sun or barely any sun unforunately...
    would be great if you have the time one day to pull her out of the garage and get a reading on the max output at midday.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us