Thread: 2022 225hp merc

2022 225hp merc

Long time member but have not been on for quite some time

I am in the process of purchasing a new boat and its coming with a merc have these engines improved over the last couple of years
    I am seeing a lot of faults on these on shitbook like water running through heads and tell tail not working? previously had a 2014 Suzuki and it was flawless.
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: 2022 225hp merc

Like anything you're going to get your good reports and bad. I'm biased towards Merc, I've had 5 new ones over the last 20 years, only had issues with 1, and I put that down to the ability, or more the inability of the dealer in fault finding. On the odd occasion the overtemp alarm would go off and they were unable to rectify, so I made a deal and traded it for a Suzuki. Both these were 40hp. That motor now would be 4 years old, and I'm now thinking of trading it back for a Merc, just not happy with it compared to the Merc. It run rougher, and is not as smooth using the tiller etc.
    My other boat had a 2 stroke Merc which was 2000 vintage, a few years ago we upgraded that to a 115 ProXS only for fuel economy and the smoothness of a 4 stroke, it has been faultless, and love it.
    We're in the process of looking at getting a new boat built that will be in that 6-6.5m mark and it will definitely be getting a ProXS on it.
    In saying all that, you are going to get those that have held on to the old 'Black Anchor' mentality, it's a bit like the Holden/Ford battle, there are true believers on either side.
    Interested to hear more about your new boat but, I love the 'research' and process of buying something like this new.
    Cheers
    Corry

These latest offerings from Merc look really good on paper. Especially in that size bracket. When you look at the weight, fuel economy etc. it will be firmly in my sights next year if I end up going that high in HP.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I have done nearly 200 hrs in my 2020 v6 200 Merc on a Cruisecraft Outsider 625.
    Can’t fault it. Quiet, tons of power, heaps of torque, top speed 43 kts. 1nm/ litre at 22kts in flat water.
    The digital throttle control is a game changer!

Thanks for your reply's all I much appreciate the feedback good or bad.

It is going onto a signature 640F hardtop I will be posting a lot about this in the future as there is bugger all On the internet so there will be once I get it.
    happy days ahead summer is coming

I've had mine for three years and 100 hrs. Very happy. Performance numbers here http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...67#post1662167

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    Thanks for your reply's all I much appreciate the feedback good or bad.

It is going onto a signature 640F hardtop I will be posting a lot about this in the future as there is bugger all On the internet so there will be once I get it.
    Sea Breeze Marine at Yeppoon have a 600f with a 200 ProXS on it.