Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outside of Fishing interests

Outside of Fishing interests

Trying to speed up on this isolation period which ends tomorrow so thought ide start a post see what each of our other interests are from Fishing ??.
    Apart from going out two three or six times a day talk to my Tomato Plants , nip off any sucker growth ,talk to them and give them a feed speed them on a tad.
    Rummage through all my Knives and run the edges a once more over a 10 or 15000 grit stone polish the edges up a tad or give them a Denim Strop .
    Edges are so mirror finish and scary sharp im afraid of using them and getting them dirty again lol..
    Rummaged through the Boat see what needed tidying , cleaning or replacing think the Boats sick of having me clambering over it every day..
    Then i have this disease of trying to perfect my knots and always on the lookout for either new or better knots so do waste or use up ample mono in the process lol.
    Then theres Ausfish Forums ...

Re: Outside of Fishing interests

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Trying to speed up on this isolation period which ends tomorrow so thought ide start a post see what each of our other interests are from Fishing ??.
    Apart from going out two three or six times a day talk to my Tomato Plants , nip off any sucker growth ,talk to them and give them a feed speed them on a tad.
    Rummage through all my Knives and run the edges a once more over a 10 or 15000 grit stone polish the edges up a tad or give them a Denim Strop .
    Edges are so mirror finish and scary sharp im afraid of using them and getting them dirty again lol..
    Rummaged through the Boat see what needed tidying , cleaning or replacing think the Boats sick of having me clambering over it every day..
    Then i have this disease of trying to perfect my knots and always on the lookout for either new or better knots so do waste or use up ample mono in the process lol.
    the focus on the knives is not wasted time at all imo. Nothing worse than being time poor and knives not ready to fillet fish when the weather comes good and you have a haul to clean up.

another good one is pre made off shore rigs if you’re into that style of fishing. I run heavy wind-ons to a glow bead and snap swivel. From there I have those little green leader hoops that I wind a bunch of 100lb paternoster rigs onto with some 20lb dropper loops for the leads. Having a shed load of those types of rigs done when it’s rainy makes the days on the water more enjoyable.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Shooting and golf keep me busy.

do you want to sharpen some more knives ? ...... I could always send you mine to do

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Shooting and golf keep me busy.
    You should combine both
    ....that was a joke, not a dare...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My boat got picked up by its new owner yesterday

looking for a new hobby as fishing doesn’t really help kill the time in the evenings or weekends you can’t get out
    Unsure what it will be but will see what pans out

have a new car comming in the new year to do a track day now and then

Wot sort Steve?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    the focus on the knives is not wasted time at all imo. Nothing worse than being time poor and knives not ready to fillet fish when the weather comes good and you have a haul to clean up.

another good one is pre made off shore rigs if you’re into that style of fishing. I run heavy wind-ons to a glow bead and snap swivel. From there I have those little green leader hoops that I wind a bunch of 100lb paternoster rigs onto with some 20lb dropper loops for the leads. Having a shed load of those types of rigs done when it’s rainy makes the days on the water more enjoyable.
    Yes mate have ready made snell and paternoster dropper rigs save time if you lose a rig or get busted up. Wind them up on small pieces of those noodle tubes you get at Kmart or pool shop.
    Make your rig , wind it up on the noodle and hook keeps it in place , several rigs on one piece of noodle fits nicely.

Simmillar version of T Knot ive been doing of late for dropper paternoster Type Rigs ive been muckin around with for saving line from twisting around the Simker line..
    Just have to play around with it suit your outcome..

I fish deep holes for Whiting and this would be a better alternative than the standard paternoster Rig i use.
    Mind you the Standard as such rig gives one a second chance if one piece of line gets cut through by a Bluey whereras this rig will only have one line with hook attatched.

Ausfish Silver Member

I do a bit of dirt fishing

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo;[URL="tel:1699418"
    1699418[/URL]]Wot sort Steve?

a Subaru BRZ

Once the big boat goes on the market in November. I plan on completely pimping out my little Webster 4.3m Twinfisher to get it 100% here I want it. I genuinely spend more time getting my boats how I like them than on the water these days.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Is there an out side fishing interest I thought that was looking for and buying more fishing gear and working to buy it.

Hi mate I do Sim racing on the playstation Grand turismo 7 to keep me occupied

I race with multiple People from 40 through to 70 The club is Call OGR racing

Old Guys Racing on facebook as well.

A sim racing setup to get started is about $600 and a PlayStation is $250 ps4 Great chats and fun people there is always someone online and from all over the country.
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    a Subaru BRZ
    My wife has a BRZ. Cool little car and fun to drive.