Thread: Old. Daiwa spinning reel

Old. Daiwa spinning reel

I bought a Daiwa certate hyper custom 2500R many years ago and now there selling second hand ones for just under what I payed for one new delivered to my door from Japan $640 , that’s why you pay for a good reel so many year of good fishing and still worth what you payed for it, and the spare spool has doubled in price.

Re: Old. Daiwa spinning reel

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    I bought a Daiwa certate hyper custom 2500R many years ago and now there selling second hand ones for just under what I payed for one new delivered to my door from Japan $640 , that’s why you pay for a good reel so many year of good fishing and still worth what you payed for it, and the spare spool has doubled in price.
    It is a great reel & IMHO - the best small / mid sized spin reel ever ...... Yep better than Morthan Branzino , Stella , Exist .
    Packed a lot of punch for a 2500 - awesome impoundment barra spin reel or snapper (placcy) reel

Very envious & it doesn't surprise me what they are worth today ...... I've seen a few for $600-$700 .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yer the Shimano Stellas and other top end reels are hold there price too in the early to mid 2000 era , i think the older models in the daiwa and shimano will turn out the be the better reels in the long run,there cutting down on weight and using more composite materials which might not hold up in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Yer the Shimano Stellas and other top end reels are hold there price too in the early to mid 2000 era , i think the older models in the daiwa and shimano will turn out the be the better reels in the long run,there cutting down on weight and using more composite materials which might not hold up in the long run.
    Mate to date there has not been a spin reel to match that reel - certainly not the Stella nor even an Exist - not in 2500/3000 size . Yeh I agree in larger reels like the 5000 & up . Newer tech like mag seal .... is good .

The best Stella is the 2008 SW - None of the newer models match it - " Dont go black " is the tip ...... the old silver & gold ones were the best they made .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO