Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I could probably afford a Stella but lets see this..

Re: I could probably afford a Stella but lets see this..

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah i have caught 1.1m+ kimgys and there not something i will use a 2 pound rod, 2500 sienna reel and 8lb line

If i catch bigger fish offshore big tuna, marlin, mako it will be a team effort passing the rod around just so everyone gets a go and it aint a donut day

The bigger gear i use is 10, 12, 15kg overhead gear 100lb leader but thats trolling gear not something i stand around for hours holding

None of my gear is high quality, Penn Bait Runner, Shimano Sienna, cheap $60 rods, if i were to get a Stella it would be a one off
    & btw - no one is saying that you need to buy a Stella either

Personal budgets always come into play ....... but that said , I'v never seen a cheap reel go the distance & expecting a $25 reel to match it up with kingies time & time again is just nuts ...... specially putting out that much drag (supposedly) .......
    A video means bugger all mate ...... specially when it isn't even the same reel
    This is just like your battery charger...... except you wont be blowing as much coin.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah those videos are same brand but different model they are the SW 4000 mine is SG 5000
    So the smaller reels have a decent ball style handle but the next size up has the smaller paddle style handle. Was that an optional upgrade or is the video a con.

I could probably afford a Stella but lets see this..

All I can say is in your situation maybe look at someone like FishingRus in parramatta they have a lot of budget stuff that will hold up to what you want with warranty and at great prices , or keep an eye on Mo tackle they also do specials on stuff all the time . The stuff bought from Alibaba and the like are garbage at best , but of course you won’t understand that so carry on . Matt
    Have a look on here it may help https://fishingrus.com.au/product-category/reels/
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Ausfish Platinum Member

Ironically, these reels look the same as the one I just got delivered as part of my members pack with Addict Fishing, except they have Addict Fishing written on them and it's a 3000. I'll interestingly pull it apart to see what the insides look like, but I'm thinking it'll be the same as my Sustains.
    Cheers
    Corry

....... .....

Reel is not spectacular the quality of reel is about that of a ebay chinese reel, a bit loose on the tolerances, it may whitstand a kingy we will see

Trying to get the boat out next week hopefully get some winter salmon or a lone kingy and get this reel spinning
    Attached Images Attached Images

Back to the title ......

I could probably afford a Stella but lets see this..

Yeh I could understand the title if you went & bought a Certate instead ...... $600-$700 saving but still ended up with an awesome reel .
    Be interested to hear how long it lasts .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

For the cost of a days fishing it’s not worth the risk when a oversized $99 penn Spinfisher could do the job

also don’t like the idea of leaving fish with 50m of braid and a circle hook left in them all for a look at me reason on ausfish

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    For the cost of a days fishing it’s not worth the risk when a oversized $99 penn Spinfisher could do the job

also don’t like the idea of leaving fish with 50m of braid and a circle hook left in them all for a look at me reason on ausfish
    Up my way everytime a pelican is found with hooks in it's beak we're blamed for leaving the stuff lying around.

Would one say Braid is more evil in this regard than Mono ??..

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    I wouldn't

It will take a long time for mono to break down enough to break up ..... it could be years

But yes - most braid will last longer .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Gee Steve you exagerate a lot when was your last fish caught with 50 meters of line? I'll wait

again gary being a flog and ignoring the point, the fellas at the hull truth start ignoring you too ?
    Guess you truely have run out of forums to shitpost on

focus on the statement if you can

"For the cost of a days fishing it’s not worth the risk when a oversized $99 penn Spinfisher could do the job"

"why even risk leaving a fish trailing braid of 1 -1000m"

most people cant afford stellas and you dont need a stella for this type of fishing, good luck to anyone that can

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    both are bad, wasnt implying one wasnt.
    just dont have mono on anything but my beach gear

So u make a statement i call it out than u make out it was theretical now you turn it on me posting shit?

Come on Steve don't make shit up than i have nothing to reply to