Thread: Shimano TLD 25 Bearing

Shimano TLD 25 Bearing

Hi Guys,

Pulled an old TLD25 out of storage the other day and found that while it functioned it was a bit stiff to turn, pulled it apart today and found the main bearing is cactus, are these something a bearing store would stock or are they order online only?

Cheers

Re: Shimano TLD 25 Bearing

A bearing shop would order one in pretty quick if you took it in. Probably worth looking in a local tackle shop if they do repairs on site,very common reel and the only thing that goes wrong with them is that bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbo1 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Pulled an old TLD25 out of storage the other day and found that while it functioned it was a bit stiff to turn, pulled it apart today and found the main bearing is cactus, are these something a bearing store would stock or are they order online only?

Cheers
    You can contact Shimano's service & parts in Sydney & they will send you one

Spare Parts & Reel Service
    Direct Support Line #1 - 02 9533 0099
    Direct Support Line #2: - 02 9533 0066Direct Support Line #3 - 02 9533 0061
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Measure it up you might get one at a bearing supplier or shake board shop close buy or eBay has everything.

Most tackle shops that do repairs will sell you one often at reasonable rates, last time I bought one was well under $10 but that was a while ago.

I don’t mean to hijack the thread but I have the same issue with a line roller bushing on a penn slammer 3. Does anyone know if the bushing can be replaced with a bearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy C View Post
    I don’t mean to hijack the thread but I have the same issue with a line roller bushing on a penn slammer 3. Does anyone know if the bushing can be replaced with a bearing?
    Just measure it up most bearings a 4x7x2 4x8x2.5 and so on i removed all my bushes out of a old bass1 shimano bait caster and now have 4bearing reel just google fishing reel bearing and yo uwill find a bearing to your bush size.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Just measure it up most bearings a 4x7x2 4x8x2.5 and so on i removed all my bushes out of a old bass1 shimano bait caster and now have 4bearing reel just google fishing reel bearing and yo uwill find a bearing to your bush size.
    Thanks mate I will give it a go.