Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: Went for a flick today

  1. #46

    Re: Went for a flick today

    Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I had a go in the pine today, usually not a fan but its close being only 15 minutes to Pelican park from home, only caught the one, 65cm on a little vibe that i jazzed up with assist hooks, lost 2 vibes today including my 21$ eco gear zx40, was not happy abnd will have to make up a lure retriever .
    Attachment 126004
    Thats a bummer, Anaconda have them for $16.79 ATM

  2. #47

    Re: Went for a flick today

    Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/business-...dusky-flathead

    Recent research has found that, unlike barramundi and yellowfin bream, dusky flathead do not change from males to females (protandrous hermaphroditism) as they grow (Pollock 2015).
    In reading this article I learnt the Yellow Fin Bream were protandrous, you learn something new every day.

    https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._sex_inversion

  3. #48

    Re: Went for a flick today

    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    In reading this article I learnt the Yellow Fin Bream were protandrous, you learn something new every day.

    https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._sex_inversion
    am I reading his correct? YF Bream are born with both sex types. Some fish are male their whole lives. Some fish are female their whole lives and others change sex from male to female later in life with the number of males dropping with age?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  4. #49

    Re: Went for a flick today

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    am I reading his correct? YF Bream are born with both sex types. Some fish are male their whole lives. Some fish are female their whole lives and others change sex from male to female later in life with the number of males dropping with age?
    Weird, ain't it, although I seem to get the impression born predominantly male.

  5. #50

    Re: Went for a flick today

    I am a little offended at the gender stereotyping going on here. It's up to the fish, you Phillistines.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  6. #51

    Re: Went for a flick today

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    am I reading his correct? YF Bream are born with both sex types. Some fish are male their whole lives. Some fish are female their whole lives and others change sex from male to female later in life with the number of males dropping with age?
    No there's nothing weird about it, look whats going on to day with guys wanting to be girls and girls wanting to be guys.

  7. #52

    Re: Went for a flick today

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    I am a little offended at the gender stereotyping going on here. It's up to the fish, you Phillistines.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Oh of course it is up to the fish , how do I tell a transgender fish
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......


  8. #53

    Re: Went for a flick today

    My brother twisted my arm again and we went for a flick on Sunday. It was slow till about 11:00 am when there was a flurry of small flatties for about half an hour with 2 nice specimens of 52cm and 64cm amongst them. My brother only managed 2 rats, I offered the lure that did all the damage to him but he persisted on using his own, I guess I know what to get him for Xmas. After that flurry it just died.

  9. #54

    Re: Went for a flick today

    Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Oh of course it is up to the fish , how do I tell a transgender fish
    more importantly is that we all educate ourselves with the correct pronouns so not to offend.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  10. #55

    Re: Went for a flick today

    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    My brother twisted my arm again and we went for a flick on Sunday. It was slow till about 11:00 am when there was a flurry of small flatties for about half an hour with 2 nice specimens of 52cm and 64cm amongst them. My brother only managed 2 rats, I offered the lure that did all the damage to him but he persisted on using his own, I guess I know what to get him for Xmas. After that flurry it just died.
    We were out Sunday as well and managed 9 but most were just legal or under, best was 53cm, looks like the peak has passed as they were absent from many of the usual spots, wife did well with Whitebait on little ganged rig again, put tags in the 9 and came home with none, somebody turned the fan on right on 12, you could see the wind coming at us on the water..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us