Thread: Harry's

Harry's

I'm thinking of heading out from Brisbane port via Pinkenba to harry artificial but havent been there before. I imagine it's best to head out , hang a left to the south of Mud then then head east. Is it that simple. is there shallow water there, or any rocks I should be aware of? In a 4.6 mclay.

Re: Harry's

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    I'm thinking of heading out from Brisbane port via Pinkenba to harry artificial but havent been there before. I imagine it's best to head out , hang a left to the south of Mud then then head east. Is it that simple. is there shallow water there, or any rocks I should be aware of? In a 4.6 mclay.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but leaving the channel from the port would have you taking a right to the south of Mud Island (not a left). Then it's pretty much a straight 9km run on a SE heading to Harry Atkinson.
    Keep your distance from the southern coast of Mud and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Unit View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but leaving the channel from the port would have you taking a right to the south of Mud Island (not a left). Then it's pretty much a straight 9km run on a SE heading to Harry Atkinson.
    Keep your distance from the southern coast of Mud and you'll be fine.
    See,this is why I shouldnt be allowed near boats and sharp objects! thanks mate, of course it's a right. Thanks Mr Unit. Was thinking of an early morning fish before dawn but given it[s the fiirst trip and the aptitude shown above, might be better to go in civ hours.

Haha, don't let a small slip like that discourage you. The upcoming combination of good weather and school holidays will mean the place will look more like a parking lot than a fishing spot so super early or late might be your best bet.
    Whatever you decide, enjoy!