Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel economy of Suzuki 200

Re: Fuel economy of Suzuki 200

Lee, my boat is a late 2020 build, not as efficient through the water as the traditional shape in my opinion (everything else kept equal) With 20 degree deadrise and 170mm of inbuilt chine there's a bit to get mobile and keep mobile as compared to the tradional ones. I went the 20 degree kit because i could only fit 6.8 in the shed, figured given i wasn't up in the 7's for length i'd need some deadrise to get some ride. Its a great boat though and i get about 1.1 km/l witht he twin 140's under most conditions, running 3 or 4 adults versus 2 starts to make a difference fast though. i recon once you get up over 7m wheelbase become more of a positive and nothing beats length, hence all those big 7m+ rippa's out there with 15 degree or a bit more deadrise hulls just seem to work, can carry weight really well without buggering the economy. I'm no boat engineer but thats the way it seems to me anyway. Note Dave is building himself a new prototype, 18 degree hull with an inbuilt chine so will be intersting to see how that goes. 8m one i think.
    Scott

Re: Fuel economy of Suzuki 200

Thanks Scott, yeh I will be keek to see Daves. Weight is my biggest restriction.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh