Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EV Works Brand LifePo4 100Ah cells.

Re: EV Works Brand LifePo4 100Ah cells.

Not sure if this interests anyone but could be useful for anyone deciding to build their own packs.

I didn’t do a capacity test with the second set of 100Ah cells. I just made them in a 4s configuration then charged both packs up separately before paralleling sets of cells to make 200Ah sets. What I should have done is parallel all 8 cells together and left them over night before configuring them as a 200Ah battery.

Consequently, after the full discharge test described above, when I went to charge it right back up, one of the cells hit the high voltage disconnect well before the others. When they settled there was 125mv difference between highest and lowest cell. That’s probably stuff all but I wanted to make sure I was getting the same out of each set. So today I ripped it all apart after charging and put them all in parallel for a few hours. Then put it all back together and put them on charge.

the result was the Victron charger finished it’s absorption phase without tripping the high voltage disconnect on one of the cells. All cells now pull the same capacity. Now I’m happy.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Re: EV Works Brand LifePo4 100Ah cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    380L x 190W x 275H. The lot fits inside a standard kings battery box but the cells are too high to get the lid on.
    Thanks for that, it will fit into the area I have in mind.
    Jack.