Thread: When was your first fish on a plastic

When was your first fish on a plastic

When was the first time you caught a fish on plastics mine was with a curly tail chartreuse thing from a mans bucket of bait a undersize school mackerel on the Tbar ledge about 26years ago and that same bucket of bait i caught may first jack with a orange paddle tail shad with some gold flash threaded though it and have never looked back,back then no one liked them because they ate through or melted any other plastic it came in contact with haven't times changed.

Re: When was your first fish on a plastic

I can remember it like it was yesterday ..... Nov 1981 on a school camp to Kiama (Easts Beach)

I landed my first flathead (still my biggest @ 10lb) on a fluro Mr Twister (pink from memory) ....... total fluke , had no idea what I was doing .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yer i remember them they were always there but no one thought to use them.

A mid 40's jack on a squidgyfish.
    Jack.

Last January, 5 weeks after I decided to take up fishing. Yes it took me 5 weeks to catch my first fish on a plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Yer i remember them they were always there but no one thought to use them.
    I grabbed a rod & reel + the tackle box off my brother ..... I was a 16yo who was just really getting into fishing .

The tackle box was full of spinners - (trout & bass) & some of these " Mr Twisters " ...... tied one on and after a few casts got the big flattie .

Right through my fishing progression there has always been a soft plastic somewhere near by - Rock fishing in my late teens , trout & offshore sport fishing in my 20s/30s , Bream , bass & barra in my 40s to today where I could be targeting a range of fish . ..... plastics will always be in my boat.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO