Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading LBT

Re: Upgrading LBT

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    man surely you do realise that its not about splitting hairs over distances...

Its about what are you going to do if you end up capsized and fighting for your life in the water when you cant use your radio or phone..

You can just as easily drown 2km's offshore as 20 km's.
    Darwin Award in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    man surely you do realise that its not about splitting hairs over distances...

Its about what are you going to do if you end up capsized and fighting for your life in the water when you cant use your radio or phone..

You can just as easily drown 2km's offshore as 20 km's.
    Yeh well said ......

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I have been pulled up offshore only a few times, i have been pulled up inside botany bay a ton of times, they have never said anything about not having a epirb or radio in open waters

We see water police or maritime almost everytime offshore from port hacking heads they never harass us marine rescue is always out there too

The boat has already proven its sea worthy yes the battery will be relocated but it was fine where it was just look at open transom tinnies they have the same battery location

Waited 2 weeks for these stainless switches to arrive and was sent the wrong type so now in the process of returning them, i have just ordered 2x of these blue and black Narva switch boards which means i wont be able to install a stereo on the face of the console

I may still be able to mount the stereo on on the left or right lower side of what i built onto the console

But i'll order a epirb and radio for now instead of the stereo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ordered a epirb and a gme gx800 radio, my SCA order looks like it may have gone missing (2x narva switch panels) 3 days late (6 days in total) tracking saying they are having problems

I am not having much luck with ordering parts the electric motor shaft from the united kingdom also went missing and was never delivered

Sanded my whole console add on with the flap disc than made some cut outs to fill in the console holes, glued them in today

I am now making a new easier to use heavy duty trailer mover this little sucker will be geared for over 2000nm of torque 48volt dc motor

Tested pulling my trailer with a comealong and it took 175kg to move it

Just a paint brush job, should have my GPS and fish finder in there in a few days

Big day today went to grab paint and had a phone call cops wanted the neighbor who was aparently hiding in my boat, uniform cops, detectives, helicopter, dog squad all at my house they wanted to gain access to lift the tarp after an hour my poor mum let them thru the house to find no one in the boat

One cop went to draw the gun on my dog my mum put him in place tho

True story... contact fairfield police if u think im talking shit..

GME GX800W VHF radio and a non GPS epirb added to the boat

Looks a bit blurry gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Just a paint brush job, should have my GPS and fish finder in there in a few days

Big day today went to grab paint and had a phone call cops wanted the neighbor who was aparently hiding in my boat, uniform cops, detectives, helicopter, dog squad all at my house they wanted to gain access to lift the tarp after an hour my poor mum let them thru the house to find no one in the boat

One cop went to draw the gun on my dog my mum put him in place tho

True story... contact fairfield police if u think im talking shit..
    More importantly Gaz

Why did you design such a small console ?

I mean you've got bugger all protection - little room to add a second sounder & very little dry storage .

Side by side seating with the steering wheel in the center ...... how does that work when driving the boat ?

I'd imagine It wouldn't be nice being a deckie on that boat

If you tried to sell it - it would go against you.

Just my opinion as a long time console boat owner & having owned a Quintrex reef raider which also had a small console ( but bigger than yours) .......

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Nagg it was a bought second hand console something i dkne to speed up the peocess of getting the boat on the water

The console fits my t top that is going in next, yeah the console could be wider but its ok

The ride is pretty dry that last video i done was in 5 foot swell plus chop the camera only got a tiny bit wet, all of us stayed dry tho

The console can fit both of my sounders 9" and 5" plus my switches which u may see pics later today with them installed

The console being in the middle of the boat suits me perfect, the seat is often reversed facing backwards where my cousins sit while i drive the seats will be later replaced with a sliding single CC seat so it can be reversed

Nagg it was a bought second hand console something i dkne to speed up the peocess of getting the boat on the water

The console fits my t top that is going in next, yeah the console could be wider but its ok

The ride is pretty dry that last video i done was in 5 foot swell plus chop the camera only got a tiny bit wet, all of us stayed dry tho

The console can fit both of my sounders 9" and 5" plus my switches which u may see pics later today with them installed

The console being in the middle of the boat suits me perfect, the seat is often reversed facing backwards where my cousins sit while i drive the seats will be later replaced with a sliding single CC seat so it can be reversed
    Find yourself in a sloppy sea with a stiff crosswind & you'll appreciate what I'm talking about .

I'll certainly be interested in seeing the sounders in place

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Needs lots of wet sanding than another coat or two ofpaint but i cant be bothered, thats a9" lowrance and a E or A series raymarine gps

Why anyone buys a non gps epirb these days beats me.
    Might as well save ya money and buy a whistle.

There's minimum compliance.... and then there's safety for loved ones & friends. No brainer for me.

Needs lots of wet sanding than another coat or two ofpaint but i cant be bothered, thats a9" lowrance and a E or A series raymarine gps
    Or stripping right back and doing it properly, and considering photos tend to hide a lot of blemishes that looks terrible. Maybe if smidsy saw this job before he started on his project he might have had other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurn View Post
    Why anyone buys a non gps epirb these days beats me.
    Might as well save ya money and buy a whistle.

There's minimum compliance.... and then there's safety for loved ones & friends. No brainer for me.
    I had to go back and have another look at his Epirb..
    Wow he saved himself $50 by getting an Epirb with a 5km accuracy rather then 100m...
    Well done gaz...