Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading LBT

Re: Upgrading LBT

I'm going to run 3 gauge cables from the battery to engine (start/run), i will be running 4mm2 (25amp) cable from the battery to the lower consoke where the power post + - will be than i will be running 2.5mm2 (7.5amp) cable to the switches, fuse block, and accessories

Items i will be running

Fish finders 1.8amp x2
    Front light back light seperatly wired/switched 1amp each
    Both nav and anchor light pull .5amp
    Cabin lights x2 wired together pull .5amps
    Mobile phone usb charger 2amps
    Bilge pump 2.5amps
    Bait tank pump 3amps

All above will be on a button switch on/off also every accessorie will be on its own circuit's from the power posts but the usb charger will be connected live without a on/off switch incase the switch is faulty and have no power = flat phone battery in a emergency

These are the lugs i will be using

Big lugs are

M8 - 3gauge for starter cables from battery to isolater switch to engine

M6 - 4mm2 from isolater to power post

M6 - 2.5mm2 from power post to accessories

M6 pos/neg power post
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah im using tinned cable, galvanised lugs, looking for galvanised or zinc coated spade connectors, i got a NARVA 8 fuse block which has all metal contacts coated silver for marine use, i have a couple neg pos distribution terminal post that are plated

So doing it all right just the stereo was a thought, i may just use my mobile phone for music connected to the local radio station app
    Why not buy a little GME radio - they go OK just as long as you use some dielectric grease on the connectors

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I will take a look at GME radios shortly thanks

Just getting my add on sorted before the rain hits sydney ended up with a little air bubble here and there but turned out pretty good, i need to pick a radio and speakers that fit the two lower holes in my console than fill in all the other holes
    Attached Images Attached Images

The GME stereo is awesome i found this video of the american model on youtube

I'm ganna order that GME radio above next week, last couple of things i need are a epirb (not purchasing just yet) and a VHF portable radio anyone know if there are any optional longer antennas for our australian handheld radios?

So far looking at the GME GX850

I'm ganna order that GME radio above next week, last couple of things i need are a epirb (not purchasing just yet) and a VHF portable radio anyone know if there are any optional longer antennas for our australian handheld radios?

A stereo is more important than an epirb is it…?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbo1 View Post
    A stereo is more important than an epirb is it…?
    NSW you dont need a epirb up to 2kms

Big difference between 'needing' and required by law.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/driving-boati...o-beacon-epirb

If you're on open waters and more than 2nm from the shore, you must have an EPIRB. Even within 2nm, it's recommended.

Open waters are navigable waters that are not enclosed by land or not within a river, bay, harbour or port. They include coastal and ocean waters.

all nav maps have an open waters line marked
    for Botany Bay it’s well within the heads and same for broken bay and Sydney harbour

from the places you have shown yourself fishing you need a epirb
    Also 2nm is 3.7km they don’t use kms in the rule book but it doesn’t matter as the open water line overrules the 2nm rule

id be buying a $400 epirb before a Stella bro

Wouldn't you need an EPIRB if you fished the Port Hacking artificial reef ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Its 2nm's from shore not 2nm's from the open water planing line otherwise people would'nt be able to leave the bay

Looks like all my planning is turning to crap i waited 5 weeks for the new electric motor shaft and it never got delivered, just receieved 7x 19mm stainless button switches that are momentarally not latching so i need to come up with a new switch idea

The john dunphy reef off port hacking is only 2kms offshore

Its 2nm's from shore not 2nm's from the open water planing line otherwise people would'nt be able to leave the bay

The john dunphy reef off port hacking is only 2kms offshore
    man surely you do realise that its not about splitting hairs over distances...

Its about what are you going to do if you end up capsized and fighting for your life in the water when you cant use your radio or phone..

You can just as easily drown 2km's offshore as 20 km's.

I guarantee waterways and water police will ream you if you go out past the open water line at botany

is based on a shore accessible landing spot which there are none and beaches with surf conditions don’t count

Your not exactly a reliable source of safety advise or with your videos of batteries in saltwater moving around in a engine well
    it’s Dodgy shit like that ruin other fishos days having to tow people back in