Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading LBT

Re: Upgrading LBT

Cheers Outstation

None of my stuff has been delivered yet must be problems with auspost, i will need to run new wiring, a switch, a fuse etc.. for this bait tank pump so its got me thinking about doing all my wiring installing 8x 19mm round stainless button/switches for bait tank, bilge, nav lights anchor light, eventually cabin lights, bow and transom flood lights

I absolutely suck at wiring i can solider but most of my crimp connectors fall off

Plan is to buy the stuff from ebay ARB or Narva brand for fuse box, switches will be cheapies on ebay $25 for 4 2x sets only because they are $70 each individual switch from Narva and i need 8x of them

Want to avoid switch panels would rather do individual switches as they can fill up console space

Going to extend my console in height so i can dash mount my lowrance 9" sounder and dash mountmy raymarine A series gps than i will be using a samsung S8+ velcroed onto the dash and connect mercury vessel view mobile for engine data

So a bit of wiring to go on, also crank battery is getting replaced with a century 780 going to place it back left of hull under the gunnel/splashwell

If you have problems buy this type of crimp (I call them F type crimps) and a crimper (about $20). They will not come apart, just need to remember to put a piece if heatshrink on first or you can also buy the slip on covers, you can buy them galvanised and in all types of configurations. If you've ever pulled motors or other electrical equipment apart this is what is used. Also looks so much neater, you'll never go back to those other cheap crimps.

Here is just one site:
    https://www.ozautoelectrics.com/circ...terminals.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah i have worked with those F type crimp plugs Digs they are heaps strong compared to flat squash type crimps

Tank came today looks perfect size for big squid but has no mounting brackets or bolts

My order for the pump pickup was cancelled the shop said they sold out

Started building up my console today to fit a switch panel or seperate 19mm stainless buttons for my switches, not sure if i want to dash mount my lowrance hook 9 and A series raymarine i am actually contemplating selling both of the above and ordering a lowrance ti2 12inch from ebay usa before i cut any holes in the raised console

The raised console is only screwed into place stitched with cable ties and filletted for now i will radius the edges than glue and glass it down soon

Once this is done i need to do a huge wiring job of the whole boat

Gazza, just wondering, as you are not the tallest person around will you be able to see over that console, I would reduce it by half and have the top half glass or polycarb. After all you don't want to go hitting anything because of obstructed view, unfortunately happened here in Qld on the weekend, a young fellow died when the boat he was in hit a marker buoy.

I can see over it very easy Digs its a litte shorter than the windscreen i had on there, whole console is only about 1200mm tall

Yeah i heard about that accident crazy stuff i don't fly around at night very cautious for that reason

Only just fits the two screens Digs plus a samsung S8+ will go down the bottom hooked up the the engine data, im about to order 6-8 19mm stainless push buttons that will go up the left side of the screens

I'm going to velcro the screens in so i can remove them

Also going to cut my T-Top in half weld on some plates and hinge the top half hopping to do this next week when i get another argon refill

Finally getting around to the t top just made my cuts and grabbed some 44mm stainless tubing its only 308 not 316 as i got it from a exhaust place i dont care if it rust, made my adaptor sleeves 250mm now i just need to sort some kind of locking bolt set up that i dont need tools for and weld on some feet, the top will be pop rivetted on

Ramble... or not no one is making u read this post...

Click bait ???????

WTF has this got to do with a live bait tank ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Other members have complained about me starting new threads... saying i should keep it all in one of the other threads i have posted, now your saying it has nothing to do with my lbt, cant win..

All my other thread's have been over ran, closed or turned nasty

Pretty simple if no one has any advice reguarding my rebuild would be helpful to start ya own raving and ranting thread

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Other members have complained about me starting new threads... saying i should keep it all in one of the other threads i have posted, now your saying it has nothing to do with my lbt, cant win..
    Yep - you cant !

But you do have posts already with regards to your rebuild don't you ?

your live bait tank post was a legitimate post - so why screw it up by putting up a post about your T Top .

Gazza - seriously .... people will help you out when you need help ......... that said you need to listen & take advice - the minute you throw that back in members faces you'll cope a backlash .

I've fired my shot - because you've just ignored your own post & gone feral

I'm sure most here would agree

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Yep - you cant !

But you do have posts already with regards to your rebuild don't you ?

your live bait tank post was a legitimate post - so why screw it up by putting up a post about your T Top .

Gazza - seriously .... people will help you out when you need help ......... that said you need to listen & take advice - the minute you throw that back in members faces you'll cope a backlash .

I've fired my shot - because you've just ignored your own post & gone feral

I'm sure most here would agree

Chris
    Thing is 10 people chime in with there own ideas i cant actually physically put all 10 peoples advice into motion for one job than 9 people get in a uprorr that i didnt listen to them,

I have one job not ten ofthe same to utilise everyones advice

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Thing is 10 people chime in with there own ideas i cant actually physically put all 10 peoples advice into motion for one job than 9 people get in a uprorr that i didnt listen to them,

I have one job not ten ofthe same to utilise everyones advice
    Hey you can acknowledge & let it slide ...... but you ignore sound advice time & time again .

If some one says X & you say Y ..... then several others say X .. ..... & no one says Y or supports it - hey ?

I went with LiFePO4 batteries against what most were saying 4 years ago ....... but it was based on research & elimination of what people actually didn't know .

The reality it was a couple of weeks of research that supported what I believed .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO