Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Outboard Cowling refurbish - how hard is it ?

Re: Outboard Cowling refurbish - how hard is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbo1 View Post
    Oh and just so there's no ambiguity as to my experience.....try this on for shine gaz

Thats a shine? It doesn't have much depth being black paint... thought u would have atlease used the compound i zoomed in and it still hasheaps of orange peel u can see the distortion along the fluorecent light reflections

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    i zoomed in
    Why am I not surprised..!...

Gazza, did you get a good look at his hairy butthole...?...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post

A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by smidsy View Post
    Yep, fair point.

Your getting a bit carried away there mate, steady on, noone expects a professional job from amateur DIYer.
    My point entirely Smidsy.
    Don't stress too much trying is what I meant.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You go get ‘‘em little fella!
    When stucco finish transom’s become vogue you’ll have plenty of orders

Quote Originally Posted by smidsy View Post
    Problem is - I will know

Besides, out of all of this. I am really learning so much!

Albeit in a painful way, but my improvement in knowledge & skills are showing results.

Its not so much I have patience, probably more perseverance, and a ridiculous capacity for "over thinking" which means I cant relax unless I solve my problem.

The spray cans cost $22 each for Septone primer/filler, $40 each for Moeller base coat, which apparently don't need a clear(if done right), and $45 each for the Yamaha clear top/clear coat.
    A talking point for when the fush aren't biting.
    I've been waiting to do my job, bloody wet weather is stopping me though.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post

No. I wss busy looking at the paint, not saying it isnt a good paint job but it does have imperfections for someone throwing it out that as perfection

A black 2k 3 layer job would stand out like day and night, it actually looks similar to the OP's quality of paint, if thats been cut'n polished i'll be f.... but if its just off the gun untouched that is ok tons of better examples out there though of black paint jobs that are so deep in gloss

No. I wss busy looking at the paint, not saying it isnt a good paint job but it does have imperfections for someone throwing it out that as perfection

A black 2k 3 layer job would stand out like day and night, it actually looks similar to the OP's quality of paint, if thats been cut'n polished i'll be f.... but if its just off the gun untouched that is ok tons of better examples out there though of black paint jobs that are so deep in gloss
    Your lack of brain cells never ceases to amaze me 😂😂 a photo taken on an old iphone, uploaded to the internet, compressed and recompressed to the point the resolution is never to be seen again and you, the clown who googles what cutting compound does is telling me, a spray painter with over a decade of experience that it’s a shit job 😂😂

Gaz you’re a half talented bloke considering your education but you really don’t have a fkin clue when it comes to anything, and just from reading your posts it shows. Now go collect your dole cheque hard earned by me and the other members on here and waste it on your piece of shit you call a boat and post some photos so we can all have a laugh at your shitty workmanship.

Your lack of brain cells never ceases to amaze me a photo taken on an old iphone, uploaded to the internet, compressed and recompressed to the point the resolution is never to be seen again and you, the clown who googles what cutting compound does is telling me, a spray painter with over a decade of experience that it’s a shit job

Gaz you’re a half talented bloke considering your education but you really don’t have a fkin clue when it comes to anything, and just from reading your posts it shows. Now go collect your dole cheque hard earned by me and the other members on here and waste it on your piece of shit you call a boat and post some photos so we can all have a laugh at your shitty workmanship.
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Cobbo, Hate to tell you this, I can see a rather serious crack in your paint job , your gunna need a lot of filler !

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frank100 View Post
    Cobbo, Hate to tell you this, I can see a rather serious crack in your paint job , your gunna need a lot of filler !

Frank
    Thanks Frank, they don’t all turn out great unfortunately, luckily this one buffed out!

Cobbo1, Thank god ! it would have been embarrassing driving around with everyone seeing that !

Frank

Your lack of brain cells never ceases to amaze me 😂😂 a photo taken on an old iphone, uploaded to the internet, compressed and recompressed to the point the resolution is never to be seen again and you, the clown who googles what cutting compound does is telling me, a spray painter with over a decade of experience that it’s a shit job 😂😂

Now what has that got to do with you're paint job? It's interesting the dribble that is brought into a conversation out of sheer frustration it show's how little people's mind's are, we are talking about a paint job and u drag in my financial life which has nothing to do with the topic

And your trying to educate me...

12.8 billion people pay tax in australia i get 1k thats do the mathes i get .0000000001 cent of you're tax your welcome.

Now what has that got to do with you're paint job? It's interesting the dribble that is brought into a conversation out of sheer frustration it show's how little people's mind's are, we are talking about a paint job and u drag in my financial life which has nothing to do with the topic

And your trying to educate me...

12.8 billion people pay tax in australia i get 1k thats do the mathes i get .0000000001 cent of you're tax your welcome.

I didn’t drag your financial life into it, I brought up the fact that you’ve never put the hours or years that go into learning a trade yet you continue to carry on like you’re a jack of all trades when all you’ve done is sit back and collect off the back of other peoples hard earned. Hack of all trades would be more fitting.

Smidsy, time to start a new thread, sorting the chaff from the wheat in this one is going to get harder. I'd be interested in how you go. BTW those scratches appear to have been caused by dry sanding.