Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used these lifepo4 batteries?

Re: Anyone used these lifepo4 batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au;[URL="tel:1697757"
    1697757[/URL]]Quiet easily maybe you should do your research and see it has a almost 12 inch propeller? Process that before you try tell me Steve
    And what have I told you for that outburst ?

You telling nagg he has a issue is wrong and the facts can be found in 5 seconds and maybe even on YouTube where you seem to find all your information

questioning how they get 80 pound from 36 amps was a question ?
    explain to us how they magic up the thrust from 20 amps less from a oversized prop ?
    Prop size increases, increase torque but also need more power to spin it.

800w x 24v is 33 amps
    your 2 12v 100 ah batteries at 24v should give 2.7 hours at 90 % dod

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Nagg are u using the full 100ah and drawing down to 10volts on the 125ah lifepo4? Your minnkota may be shutting off at a AGM low voltage and not a lifepo4 low voltage as minnkota are not desined yet for lifepo4 batteries, big difference at 11.8-12v cut off and 10v cutoff
    Gazza, please stop with the 10v nonsense. Take a look at the screenshot below. I just took it from EvWorks’ website on their 160ah Winston cells. Most LifePo4 chemistries are pretty much identical to this.

@3v (12v in a 4 cell configuration) in most applications you are way over the 80% discharge level. Take the 3rd curve from the left as a good example. @25c the battery is at over 90% discharge level when it hits 3v (12v). The voltage drops off a cliff after that. If you’re drawing down your lithiums to 10v each time you may as well be burning money. IMO a 12v cut off is the prudent way to go.

901611EC-5E7E-4B02-8948-DB0DA17097C7.jpg901611EC-5E7E-4B02-8948-DB0DA17097C7.jpg
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Gazza, please stop with the 10v nonsense. Take a look at the screenshot below. I just took it from EvWorks’ website on their 160ah Winston cells. Most LifePo4 chemistries are pretty much identical to this.

@3v (12v in a 4 cell configuration) in most applications you are way over the 80% discharge level. Take the 3rd curve from the left as a good example. @25c the battery is at over 90% discharge level when it hits 3v (12v). The voltage drops off a cliff after that. If you’re drawing down your lithiums to 10v each time you may as well be burning money. IMO a 12v cut off is the prudent way to go.

901611EC-5E7E-4B02-8948-DB0DA17097C7.jpg901611EC-5E7E-4B02-8948-DB0DA17097C7.jpg
    Lovey some battery sellers are claiming 70% some others are claiming 90% theres not much between 90% and 100% as u say it drops off quickly that 10% may be only a few minutes if that

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    And what have I told you for that outburst ?

You telling nagg he has a issue is wrong and the facts can be found in 5 seconds and maybe even on YouTube where you seem to find all your information

questioning how they get 80 pound from 36 amps was a question ?
    explain to us how they magic up the thrust from 20 amps less from a oversized prop ?
    Prop size increases, increase torque but also need more power to spin it.

800w x 24v is 33 amps
    your 2 12v 100 ah batteries at 24v should give 2.7 hours at 90 % dod
    I donno the magic in the windings on the armiture steve the motor has 890rpm 11.8" propeller your so smart you tell me?

Minn kota probably has a 7.5" prop, higher reving motor less torque more speed

Just to fill you in haswing has a .0025 return rate under waranty and that came from the australian importer haswing are reguarded as the best motor to buy on the market at present, everyone is talking about minn kota and motor guide's breaking down and they have been returned x amount of times

Your never a happy camper are you Steve someone with less than what you have makes more than what you can with it and you get pissed and angry all the time lol

Here is a graph 100% dod Lovey, our 100ah batteries get drawn at 50amps or less so thats .5c rating as in the graph
    Attached Images Attached Images

Same old Gary, playing the victim card already.

You post assumptions and mistruths and it gets corrected.
    no one’s angry no one’s upset we don’t live in that world that you do where you think everyone’s out to get you.

You know people post to save you wasting your money on you random ideas ?

Be a normal human being and post a thread of what you’ve done with some pictures and a log informing people of the process.

not fifty pages of dribble asking for help then doing what ever it is you have already decided to do anyway
    Go to a boat ramp and count the haswings compared to the other brands.

So Garry is blocked again....some people just don't learn and leopards don't change their spots.
    Jack.

Amen.....over and out!

Good old Garry...lecturing people on Trolling motors and Lithium batteries when he has had ZERO real world experience with either..

Time for Steves's meme, I think..

pigeon meme.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Good old Garry...lecturing people on Trolling motors and Lithium batteries when he has had ZERO real world experience with ether..

Time for Steves's meme, I think..

pigeon meme.jpg
    What I find amusing is someone comes here asking for help and has done on other forums but throws a lure at everyone but they know everything, seems a little strange
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Quiet easily maybe you should do your research and see it has a almost 12 inch propeller? Process that before you try tell me Steve
    When I look at their website they have power usages that vary considerably between models - & yes there is a 80lb that apparently uses 38amps ...... but on the other hand their bow mounts use around the same power as a MK or MG of the same output .

Now I'm guessing that the elephant in the room is that this 38amp is for short shaft non remote & non spotlock type of motors ...... is it not ?

As for spinning such a large prop - you would have to assume that you would add to the power consumption not lower it

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    When I look at their website they have power usages that vary considerably between models - & yes there is a 80lb that apparently uses 38amps ...... but on the other hand their bow mounts use around the same power as a MK or MG of the same output .

Now I'm guessing that the elephant in the room is that this 38amp is for short shaft non remote & non spotlock type of motors ...... is it not ?

As for spinning such a large prop - you would have to assume that you would add to the power consumption not lower it

Chris
    The motor is quiet a bit different to the jarvis marine watersnake i have, the haswing motor is long and skinny so it may be all to do with the armature/windings it may be wound for heaps of torque, the prop is massive i'll post a pic, yeah its a brushed tiller steer no gps no brushless and no automatic steering

I will post some numbers once i have it on the boat i have a watt meter coming so i will connect that to the motor and test the settings, amps, watts, voltage, at each power setting and note the gps speeds

Thats the prop size its massive and mostly all blade only a tiny hub
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wait…. I must have missed something, you’ve spent all this money on an electric and there’s no spot lock? What a waste.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Ignoring all the previous banter.

SOme real world figures. specially for Nagg which may be helpful.

Fished all day yesterday in a 6.8m glass boat + 3 blokes on board

Spot lock with average tidal run fishing on the shelf for cairns the bluetooth was showing 4amps current draw with 36v minkota. cruising reef edges on speed 2 only uses 5-6 amps.
    granted this is in cairns and the run wasnt huge yesterday and had bugger all wind so thats likely the lowest it will ever draw., but it we were fishing on the shelf for most the day exposes to the east aus current/wind etc.

So im thinking Nagg, you're elec motor could have a dodgy bearing? motor partially ceased which will make you draw bulk current. Or software is dodgy and your spot locking at full throttle all the time? my mates minkota only draws 36amps when hes on speed 10 pumping the boat along to a new mark.

Or
    you only fish in 20 knot winds and bulk current?..lol