Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member from Northern Sydney

New member from Northern Sydney

Gday fellas, decided to take up fishing 6 months ago and fell in love with it. Got given a rod/reel in December by a good mate and one thing lead to another by getting my first boat in April ( Renegade 420 SC). Learning more every day with the only trouble being I have difficulty thinking of work now as my thoughts are constantly filled with all things fishing.

I think I have sea sickness

Hoping to learn more here, meet like minded people and contribute to the community.

Re: New member from Northern Sydney

Welcome and awesome boat

but then I’m heavily biased after having two of them.

I was reading your offshore review earlier and agree with what you said. Thanks for the tip on the seabreeze app

I have great memories of pulling salmon and kingies from under working birds in the Harbour. All on light spin gear. Poor man’s marlin. And for some serious fun grab some live squid and drop them round the buoys. Not on light gear though.

There use to be a 420renegade page on Facebook

if it still exists as I can’t find it it was full of people doing up the boat you have just bought

Kings sound like they have been good this year, yet to try my hand at them. I am running ultra light gear for the most part so expect one would hand me my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    There use to be a 420renegade page on Facebook

if it still exists as I can’t find it it was full of people doing up the boat you have just bought
    Interesting, will take a look although there is not much to be done to mine, I got it decked out with minn kota, etec 40hp, bimini, lowrance elite ti, side console, under floor tank, lights etc... I wanted a turn key setup so it was less time in the garage and more time on the water.

Got out for 5 hours today to try some new lures, perfect weather for it. No hookups though as I was messing around out near Lion island. Swell was around 1.5 to 2M today so not the best conditions out there for the little old renegade. I am still very new to this boating and fishing thing so learning lots each and every week. Felt good to be out in the sun that is for certain!

You will get squid along the rock shore of Barrenjoey, West Head and Flint &Steel. Rig them live and fish them in those same spots. There is also a good E/W gutter on the north side of Lion. We have pulled good Jew in all those spots on either live squid, fresh caught cut squid or live yakkas.

Quote Originally Posted by steve099 View Post
    Gday fellas, decided to take up fishing 6 months ago and fell in love with it. Got given a rod/reel in December by a good mate and one thing lead to another by getting my first boat in April ( Renegade 420 SC). Learning more every day with the only trouble being I have difficulty thinking of work now as my thoughts are constantly filled with all things fishing.

I think I have sea sickness

Hoping to learn more here, meet like minded people and contribute to the community.
    Welcome to the site

What do you like to target & where do you like to launch ?

I'm Sydney based so may be able to help you out

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Welcome to the site

What do you like to target & where do you like to launch ?

I'm Sydney based so may be able to help you out

Chris
    Hi Chris , I live in Brooklyn so have been fishing the river locally while I get used to it. Been targeting bread and butter stuff using SP's with a reasonable degree of success.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    You will get squid along the rock shore of Barrenjoey, West Head and Flint &Steel. Rig them live and fish them in those same spots. There is also a good E/W gutter on the north side of Lion. We have pulled good Jew in all those spots on either live squid, fresh caught cut squid or live yakkas.

I defo need to get a squid jig and give the live bait thing a try , thanks for the tips!

Hi Chris , I live in Brooklyn so have been fishing the river locally while I get used to it. Been targeting bread and butter stuff using SP's with a reasonable degree of success.
    Nice

I'm surprised that you don't chase Jewies ...... It's a great river system for them

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Nice

I'm surprised that you don't chase Jewies ...... It's a great river system for them

Chris
    I only took up fishing 5 months ago.....

I only took up fishing 5 months ago.....
    A real newby - you've certainly got the boat to chase them .

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Nice

Chris
    lol. Let him ease into this addiction mate. To go from not fishing to the down and dirty full time drug addiction that is Jewie fishing in the first year could break a bloke!

Tip Steve: all the gun Jewie fisho’s are out in the cold when no one else will brave it. But they do get some monsters.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.