Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Billion Dollar Crisis in Queensland

Re: Billion Dollar Crisis in Queensland

We by our very nature will wipe out our fish stocks if given half a chance

Professionals even more so .....

I don't know how many times I've seen fishoes filleting some awesome fish at the same time as some barely legal bream . ...... I just dont get it - but totally understand why we have ( & need) so many regulations .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

When visiting Brisbane/Qld a few years ago, I was amazed that there was no fee to use the boat ramps, here in SA its a $10 or $12 charge across the state. Some with machines that printout the docket for your windscreen.

Unlike NSW and Tassie we do not have fishing Licences yet, but its being talked about, but not recent.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInSA View Post
    When visiting Brisbane/Qld a few years ago, I was amazed that there was no fee to use the boat ramps, here in SA its a $10 or $12 charge across the state. Some with machines that printout the docket for your windscreen.

Unlike NSW and Tassie we do not have fishing Licences yet, but its being talked about, but not recent.
    Id support a French style blockade if we had to pay for boat ramp use on top of trailer and boat registration. They really take the piss sometimes...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInSA View Post

Pay fer the use of Boat Ramps !!! , ide like ta say "feck orrff" but can vissuaise it happening under the present state of affairs ..
    Pay Trailer rego , Boat Rego , Car Rego to tow the Boat n i guess that not enough even if our Roads (Central QLD) are and have been Crap'
    Recently drove dow to Brisvages From Gladstone visit Familly and the Road down thee was worst ive ever seen it and they are supposed to be doing it up!!??..
    Ide like to say wheres the money going to every time theres Roadworks like now just to do patch work evrywhere rather than a once off good job and if they can do good roadworks elsewhere they can do it on the Bruce Highway without excuses..
    Once upon a long time ago we had excess to Fishing places where our kids could walk or bycicle to without having to stand up to their nuts in mud , even had acess to some of the local Piers till workplace health n safety as well as Fear of terror attacks , Industry taking over of habitat etc etc.
    Soooo noy hard to see why more Boat ownership has occurred over the years , Making it a neccesity to provide decent Boat ramps given the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ collected from such ownership..
    Fishing Licening in other States??, can justify for freshwater restocking ; ie Freshwater Fishing but would like to know what else those dollars collected supply or bring about??..
    Pay taxes, Rates ,( health Insurances which give ya nuthin) etc etc again and if one looks hard enough one can see more pain in Fees on the Horizon.
    Hey if the Cost of Living at present was not enough??.
    If its possible it will happen keep you poorer and less likely to object..
    Oy Nagg , reckon Albo will save our Souls from the above ??..tounge in cheek also lol...

Gday mate glad your still going well.We are on the Road living the dream .IN Port Macquarie right now heading to QLD How you been
    Shut up and fish

Me ??, im good. Still standing which is a bonus.
    Glad your living the Dream ey .

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    This chestnut arrives before every election and nothing ever changes.....tired of the inactivity.
    Hi Mate hope your well ive been busy with lifes ups and downs how you been ?
    Shut up and fish

Yes mate thats a bonus when you hit 50 lol.Glad your well Is this you Dave ?
    Shut up and fish

Pay to use a boat ramp?, look at all the infrastructure paid out to build bikeways, do they pay to use them?, far more is spent on bikepaths than boat ramps..

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Pay to use a boat ramp?, look at all the infrastructure paid out to build bikeways, do they pay to use them?, far more is spent on bikepaths than boat ramps..
    Never thought about that one and yer right too..