Thread: Good fishing spots on South Coast

Good fishing spots on South Coast

Hello All,

Starting a new thread as the previous one was specific to Durras North. I have been fishing on several spots on South Coast and wanted to gather all my fishing reports in one thread. For those of you who have not seen my fishing reports from Durras North, please view this thread first:

https://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sh...outh-Coast-NSW

Re: Good fishing spots on South Coast

Here is some info about a fishing spot I tried in Tathra. Convenient parking at #1 with easy short walk to the fishing spot at #2. Take heavy sinkers with you as the current is super strong here, anything less than size 5 star sinker will cause too much drift and your line will tangle. Video report coming below soon.

As promised, here is my video report from Tathra Beach:

Here is another one, Bengello Beach near Bengello Creek. More than 0.5km walk from the parking spot at #1 and spot #2 is where you fish. Video report from this spot coming below.

Here is the fishing report from Bengello Beach:

This happened to me recently on Wallaga Beach near Little Tilba Lake.

After a fruitful fishing session where I caught 3x Salmons and 1x Flathead, I was just finishing off by making some scenic drone footage of the area when a wedge-tailed Eagle struck my drone. I actually did not see the attack when it happened because the drone was flying around 100m high and sunlight was very bright making it difficult to see the phone screen properly. But what I did notice was that the screen went black for a few seconds which I thought was a normal glitch. When I landed the drone I was surprised to see that the recording had already stopped which I also thought was a glitch. I did see the Eagle fly away in the distance but did not make the connection at that point.

It was after I came home and watched the footage that I understood what had happened. The impact from the Eagle was so great that the last 1 second or so of the video that was not saved to the memory card yet was lost and recording stopped.

Anyway, I am happy that my drone survived the encounter and the Eagle seemed unharmed. Video report of the fishing trip coming soon.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Great reports, thanks for that.
    I did a lot of kayak fishing when I was living down near the south coast. Love fishing the Bega River, but my favorite was Lake Tuross. Bega River has produced some massive flathead at times, but found it mainly on live bait, which was a pain to get down there as you can't use a cast net, one of the things I love being back in QLD for.
    Keep the reports coming. I was always looking for reports for down that way when we first moved there as it was a complete different way of fishing than up here.
    Cheers
    Corry

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    Great reports, thanks for that.
    I did a lot of kayak fishing when I was living down near the south coast. Love fishing the Bega River, but my favorite was Lake Tuross. Bega River has produced some massive flathead at times, but found it mainly on live bait, which was a pain to get down there as you can't use a cast net, one of the things I love being back in QLD for.
    Keep the reports coming. I was always looking for reports for down that way when we first moved there as it was a complete different way of fishing than up here.
    Thanks mate. Sure, will keep the reports coming.

Here is another one. Wallaga Beach near Little Tilba Lake. You park at #1 and there is a short walk to #2. Video report from this spot coming soon.

Here is the video report from Wallaga Beach near Little Tilba Lake as promised.