Thread: Sydney land based Bream/Flathead just back into it help?

Sydney land based Bream/Flathead just back into it help?

Hey guys,used to fish a lot with my old man 25 years ago off Sydney. Haven't fished since but just going to get back into it. Im interested in land based for bream,flathead,whiting etc. I've set up myself with some new gear after a fair bit of research and also spent a bit on some hard body and soft plastic lures etc. My main advice i need isnt precisely fishing spots exactly but where would a good 'quiet' place be to start off again ? Happy to fish pretty much anywhere within 1 hr of Sydney. Not afyer the best spots, just somewhere that isn't packed. Sorry if its a vague question

Re: Sydney land based Bream/Flathead just back into it help?

Used to get good flathead from the sandbank on the downstream side of Lane Cove Bridge. Get a high tide at dawn and wade the bank as the tide drops.

On the southside - go have a look around San Souci on the flats & down Bundeena way at Maianbar ..... both are productive areas where you can pump yabbies & get some good whiting & flathead

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Maianbar. Used to pump yabbies at 2 a.m. in the middle of winter in waist deep water. Finish our late shift at work and take the mates boat down from Greys Point. Young and stupid but gee we got some good whiting.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Maianbar. Used to pump yabbies at 2 a.m. in the middle of winter in waist deep water. Finish our late shift at work and take the mates boat down from Greys Point. Young and stupid but gee we got some good whiting.
    A great area to fish - When I used to live at Ramsgate I'd often put the old Hornet in & fish Pt Hacking .... which often meant a run over to Maianbar to grab some nippers when doing an evening session.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

And so many species including kings salmon bonito all the way up towards the back of the bays

got a Watsons leaping bonito there once and a 90cm king in shallow water