Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=322016229703964

So I think we now know how some of that money that is thrown at the reef to protect it is being spent.

In this case how many man hours have gone into looking through 4 months of gopro footage to look for any possible infractions..

And with no reef names actually mentioned how can there be any proof that they were fishing or spearing there...

and they have also been done for illegal camping in a national park...on remote sand cays in the middle of nowhere...?

Its a bit worrying to think that this couple have been targeted in such a manner and had some much money wasted in a witch hunt...

Funnier still is that they always advocate for looking after the precious reef and only take a fish here and there for their daily survival with no fridge or freezer..

Here is their channel in case anyone hasnt seen it.....I hope all this extra publicity will will give them extra viewers..

https://www.facebook.com/Back2BasicsAdventures

They are actually based in FNQ and have used the Mission Beach and Cairns ramps for many years so are not unfamiliar with the zoning regulations....

fran.jpg

Maybe they are just jealous that Strick has a hot girlfriend to enjoy his adventures with...

lets hope they get a fair hearing in court and the other mob go back to spending time and money tackling real issues...

and does this mean that you really have to watch your back if you film yourself in a greenzone and also fishing(not in a green zone) in the same video...?..

Re: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Agree mate, not much info but the whole thing seems rediculous. They dont come across as the kind to do it and it seems like it would be very hard to prove based on the film clip. Even looking at the other hand, if they are legit guilty, $3000 is a joke...should be 100k atleast!

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

I wish the fisheries and national park departments had more resources, man hours and money to better police the state effectively.

I'm pretty sure that they will not have issued the fines without sustaining evidence.

The fine amount is low.

The man hours gone into this are justified, they have a result with more pending.

I used to subscribe to B2B and dumped it about 6 months ago, his content isn't that flash...same with Youngbloods.
    Jack.

The bloke is no idiot, I'm sure he is following the rules. The globilists run the world, run those huge trawlers that gobble up everything illegal and legal. The government lets them pillage our waters. The government turns a blind eye to the indos. All political. The last thing the globilists want is the public seeing how healthy the reef is. It doesn't suit the agendas and the fake climate scare.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by docaster View Post
    The bloke is no idiot, I'm sure he is following the rules. The globilists run the world, run those huge trawlers that gobble up everything illegal and legal. The government lets them pillage our waters. The government turns a blind eye to the indos. All political. The last thing the globilists want is the public seeing how healthy the reef is. It doesn't suit the agendas and the fake climate scare.

It's always a balance up there, we often had to travel through green and pink zones and we had one very basic rule that everyone in our camp had to follow. Rods laying down in the boat while travelling through them as the spotter planes flying over took pictures/video of every boat and we wanted to be sure there was no come back on us.
    But I do agree with disorderly, a lot of money spent and even if fined wouldn't even pay for court costs.

There's no "extra money " being spent on catching him or fineing him. Only if it goes to court, and looks like it will. And if he losers, he may have to pay grumpas costs. I find it strange they have fined him though, as he would have the footage to back up his claims. I suspect a witch hunt, or they weren't interested in looking through the hours and hours of footage.

Fisheries and National parks both trawl through facebook every day, there are so many reported photos and stories they can not afford to ignore facebook.
    Jack.

No I think they should let them spear fish in those remote places ,it’s only a matter of time before there part of the pristine locations food chain prime tiger shark country.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post
    Agree mate, not much info but the whole thing seems rediculous. They dont come across as the kind to do it and it seems like it would be very hard to prove based on the film clip. Even looking at the other hand, if they are legit guilty, $3000 is a joke...should be 100k atleast!

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
    Yeah mate i think that someone fishing in a green zone should have their boat and gear seized and sold off....fined for camping on a random remote atoll and making a little campfire on the beach to cook a fish though...?..have we lost all sense of adventure ?...is it coming to the point that we will all become little robots that only see a tiny slice of the reef dictated by a tightly managed greenie run management mob and done on a commercial cattle boat.....how about these bogus fish stock assessments that will soon have us with no take on Spanish macs and nannigai...what next...?....a growing population and more boating and fishing pressure on the reef needs managing well but not locked out which is where its headed i think...

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    I wish the fisheries and national park departments had more resources, man hours and money to better police the state effectively.

I'm pretty sure that they will not have issued the fines without sustaining evidence.

The fine amount is low.

The man hours gone into this are justified, they have a result with more pending.

I used to subscribe to B2B and dumped it about 6 months ago, his content isn't that flash...same with Youngbloods.
    Yeah i dont agree...many other areas worthy of policing then trawling through hundreds of hours of video..

Typical beaurocratic nonsense to pick and choose the easy targets and ignore the big issues.

All this yearly media beat up with scientists and JCU Townsville ( they are the worst of the lot) spouting about 30% or 50% of corals dying on some reefs due to bleaching when in reality the latest surveys show we have the largest Hard Coral coverage in decades.....people are being brainwashed...nothing is ever mentioned about the COTS which is far and away the biggest threat to coral ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    It's always a balance up there, we often had to travel through green and pink zones and we had one very basic rule that everyone in our camp had to follow. Rods laying down in the boat while travelling through them as the spotter planes flying over took pictures/video of every boat and we wanted to be sure there was no come back on us.
    But I do agree with disorderly, a lot of money spent and even if fined wouldn't even pay for court costs.
    Stay out of those pink zones Sam or we will be reading about you next..

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Fisheries and National parks both trawl through facebook every day, there are so many reported photos and stories they can not afford to ignore facebook.
    Where can i apply for this job..?

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    No I think they should let them spear fish in those remote places ,it’s only a matter of time before there part of the pristine locations food chain prime tiger shark country.
    Well Chris, thats all part of the attraction of remote adventures.....particularly when you are young and free...most are be too frightened to ever dare to push the boundaries....

What is COTS?

Scott, allowed to drive through a pink zone though with no hooks on your rods at all.

A lot of the green zones up north were created just so the govt could get their %age in to satisfy the greens. Some areas we used to fish would be lucky to see half a dozen boats a year. Easy targets for the govt.

What is COTS?

Crown of thorns starfish..

https://www.barrierreef.org/the-reef...es%20an%20hour.

Just 15 starfish can kill 90% of coral in a hectare of reef...they just destroy entire reefs (totally dead with no live coral left at all) in no time if not removed quickly.

They kill the most amount of coral out of anything on the reef yet so little is said or done about them...

I think because this is actually so easy to to remedy..all it would take is to use some of the huge funding to get some more boats and sent divers out to monitor the reefs and remove the starfish...its done on a very small scale now but if it were done more widely and less reef was being damaged by them how would that impact all the research funding, jobs and global warming narrative...?...

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Scott, allowed to drive through a pink zone though with no hooks on your rods at all.

A lot of the green zones up north were created just so the govt could get their %age in to satisfy the greens. Some areas we used to fish would be lucky to see half a dozen boats a year. Easy targets for the govt.
    pink zone.jpg

as far as green zones go I dont mind them...particularly from a research perspective to give an idea of what happens when fishing pressure is reduced in one area close to other allowed fishing areas...

we do snorkle and dive most trips out and find that green zones in our area appear more "fishy" and particularly with trout...

Just because you're a Youtuber it doesn't give you a right to camp wherever you like , make a fire ..... & fish in restricted areas .

I noticed that a video put up just before they started their Kimberly trek was filmed on a prohibited island .... with campfire - That video has now been taken down .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Just because you're a Youtuber it doesn't give you a right to camp wherever you like , make a fire ..... & fish in restricted areas .

I noticed that a video put up just before they started their Kimberly trek was filmed on a prohibited island .... with campfire - That video has now been taken down .

Chris
    I seriously doubt they have fished in a restricted area and that will be tested in court...

and is camping the night on a remote sand cay where all you leave is footprints all that bad...?

Chris, I didnt think you would be so judgmental

Isnt this a photo from someones recent trip report of their campsite at Naris beach on Whitsunday island.....?

Can you spot anything illegal about it..?..

If so should we send it in so they be charged and fined by the youtube Department of Environment Nazi's..?

nagg at naris..jpg

Sometimes I think we should look at the bigger picture and not sweat the small stuff....bigger fish to fry and all that.