Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Re: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    You'll notice there is a big gap between Rockhampton and Townsville which isn't under traditional use. In fact most Elders are really pissed off with that small sector that use "traditional" rights" as an excuse to take undersized fish etc. Recently a guy posted some fish on a forum his undersized reef fish caught in Moreton Bay and answered his critics with a mouthful. His post was taken down after an Elder berated him for his actions as the local indigenous people want to look after the resources as much as we do.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Yeah mate i think that someone fishing in a green zone should have their boat and gear seized and sold off....fined for camping on a random remote atoll and making a little campfire on the beach to cook a fish though...?......
    Why all the zeal about green zones? You realise they don't do very much? They weren't instigated by any of our fisheries departments despite them having the power to implement area closures.

Quote Originally Posted by billfisher View Post
    Why all the zeal about green zones? You realise they don't do very much? They weren't instigated by any of our fisheries departments despite them having the power to implement area closures.
    Regardless if you think the rules are pointless or not - they are the rules , otherwise why have them ?

The more I think about these guys the more I think that they don't give a toss & think that the rules & regulations don't apply to them - take for instance of when they camped on Lizard Island
    1) They camped at Mermaid cove ( away from the designated camping area ) ..... no permit
    2) Camp fire ( no fires allowed on Lizard Island)
    3) Fished off the rocks at Mermaid Cove (Special Management area - trolling for pelagics & bait netting only)

All this filmed & put up on You tube

They have basically planned their whole trip with disregard for the regulations in place .....

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Regardless if you think the rules are pointless or not - they are the rules , otherwise why have them ?

The more I think about these guys the more I think that they don't give a toss & think that the rules & regulations don't apply to them - take for instance of when they camped on Lizard Island
    1) They camped at Mermaid cove ( away from the designated camping area ) ..... no permit
    2) Camp fire ( no fires allowed on Lizard Island)
    3) Fished off the rocks at Mermaid Cove (Special Management area - trolling for pelagics & bait netting only)

All this filmed & put up on You tube

They have basically planned their whole trip with disregard for the regulations in place .....

Chris
    We can obey them and still argue their merit can't we? Plus Disorderly is arguing for more severe penalties and I was wondering why.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Attachment 125358

as far as green zones go I dont mind them...particularly from a research perspective to give an idea of what happens when fishing pressure is reduced in one area close to other allowed fishing areas...

we do snorkle and dive most trips out and find that green zones in our area appear more "fishy" and particularly with trout...
    So we need 33% green zones just for research purposes? To what end? Small green zones and a modest tightening of general rules would give better protection at less cost according to an article on The Conservation where some ecologists describe their modelling work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    This thread is quickly degenerating, what happened to our friend Gazza? I seem to have issues with the Ausfish site constantly telling me that the Hong Kong server being used is down so missed his demise.
    Enough of that, back to the original OP.

I was fortunate that a mate worked in the DPI at the time and he managed to get me photos of us taken by the spotter plane and even back then they were very clear. There were photos of our boat rego's, some nice vision of all our gear in the boats our camp sites etc. They used to fly over every 3rd or 4th day so plenty of opportunities to flaunt the rules, which we didn't.
    Eyes have been watching what we've been doing for a long time.
    He’s on the hull truth doing another rebuild
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    He’s on the hull truth doing another rebuild
    He's not...is he?

Quote Originally Posted by billfisher View Post
    We can obey them and still argue their merit can't we? Plus Disorderly is arguing for more severe penalties and I was wondering why.
    Which we do ...... I certainly don't understand how a lot of these rules were made , how , why - others are easy to understand.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    He's not...is he?

Some amusing banter in this thread 😂

Better hook us all up with a link for shits and giggles

Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

I’m not linking it I have no interest in his stuff but it’s not hard to find in the boating section on the hulltruth, it called rebuilding a small Aussie runabout

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    I’m not linking it I have no interest in his stuff but it’s not hard to find in the boating section on the hulltruth, it called rebuilding a small Aussie runabout
    They will rip him apart on that site many know there stuff there it wont be long before he might be chewed up and spat out.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    They will rip him apart on that site many know there stuff there it wont be long before he might be chewed up and spat out.
    Nole will look after him but year it won’t be long before they wake up to him but who really cares

He just isnt feeling the love here. He just isnt getting the respect he deserves, wait, the more I think about it, maybe he is getting the respect he deserves
    Tug
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..