Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Re: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Quote Originally Posted by docaster View Post
    This thread is a prime example why Aussies are leaving Australia in droves. We are now the nanny country. I can see why Riley and Elana don't live here anymore. We descended from the traps not the convicts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Have you got some numbers to back that up? And I'm don't want a link to some "compelling" youtube.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by docaster View Post
    Qld is up there with em. It's a circus at the moment lol. I'll check that site, never heard of him, thanks for that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Where is this circus in Queensland. I'm local and my kids love a circus

Wouldnt be Ashtons Circus
    Think they closed shop yonks ago.
    Bullens ?? , they still going ??.

This one comes to my part of town

https://circusrio.com/

Evidence in this case could well be taken from Strick's drone. Flight data is recorded and I guess could be confiscated and checked by authorities. There is probably also a trail in the boats sounder. It would take time and resources but the 2 timeframe at each location could fairly easily be figured out by cross-referencing drone and gopro footage with sounder trails etc. Authorities must have enough evidence against them.

Fortunately, Back to Basics do seem to promote a sustainable lifestyle in this particular series. BUT, I don't for one second trust that they have done the right thing here and not fished in green zones. Of course they would avoid showing that in their content.

I am aware (2nd hand) of their poor behaviour and attitude while camping on North West Island several years ago from a good mate who was also there at the time. Rules seemed to be made to be broken by them and this made them very unpopular with the other campers doing the right thing on the island.

Rightly or wrongly, I'd say that Strick thought he was so remote on his trip that noone would care or question exactly where he was fishing/camping. I have watched most of the series as my son really enjoys it. It's not just about campfires and only leaving footprints. Where do you think they go to the toilet? Use soap to wash?

I can definitely see both sides of the story here but rules are rules regarding zones and permits. The fact that money is being made by youtubing the whole thing justs adds another dimension. If Stricko is such a smart man, he would be crossing his t's and dotting his i's during the trip. I guess time will tell when it goes through the legal system.

Only my 2 cents worth. Take it or leave it. Everyone is entitled to their own point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Dont be a knob like Lovey ..... there was no nest (any nest) & there was no gasoline ... & that's the reality.
    I know you're digging - good try with the genny - NOT! .

But I do find it interesting that you are supportive of someone who has been caught out multiple times breaking the law camping in restricted areas , dozens of fires in national parks when they are not allowed & apparently taking fish in green zones . A local bloke who would know the rules . ..... this is ok ?

Chris
    you should really get into politics. They’d nick name you the slippery gypsy. Always virtue signalling left right and centre and yet look at the divisions you’ve created on this site across multiple years. From the “Mondy crew” to straight up goading of members until they cracked and got banned. You live in your own little bubble.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    What’s the difference in having a generator in a boat in a no gen camping beach and a yacht anchoring off that beach and listening to there wet exhaust from there genny running 24/7 and there rigging vibrating and whistling in sea breeze ?.
    100% - I was aware of the rules before I went there & the boat is setup to have the generator on board for charging . The boat is hauled out into deeper water .(as seen in the photo). Anchoring.jpg
    The boat is quite a distance from the camp sites & you actually cannot hear the generator running unless there is a sou westerly wind blowing as the genny is under the console & below the gunnels.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    you should really get into politics. They’d nick name you the slippery gypsy. Always virtue signalling left right and centre and yet look at the divisions you’ve created on this site across multiple years. From the “Mondy crew” to straight up goading of members until they cracked and got banned. You live in your own little bubble.
    dont talk crap ..... though it seems to come naturally with you.

Any division on this site was caused by those that didn't like me or the Mondy crew thing ... each & every one . ....... Those that caused shit were those that ran with a rumor & even attempted to fuel the fire (pun intended). ... a rumor that was dispelled by my deckie - someone quite well regarded ..... but hey lets ignore that & run with the story . ..... btw none of these people were actually there .

but we digress

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Where is this circus in Queensland. I'm local and my kids love a circus
    There was a fella putting up posters in Kawana today for the Moscow Circus. Going to be in Noosa.

Thereyago see .

While we are at it what is it with those that want to make Yayatube Fishing Vids that have to have a Female (Not that im against females in Fishing Vids) in Bikini showing her acehole or that close to it that it aint Funny ??.
    Know it was me onboard i would have a hell of a time or should i be saying a Hard Time tryin to concentrate on Fshing thats fer sure .
    But maybe that turns on Peoples to watch Fishing Vids as such !!??..
    Reckon thats what Fishing Vids should be made of ?? , Let hear your thoughts??..
    Take a Bumkin Fishing maybe should be the New Phrase lol..

So out of curiosity - where can you have an open fire on the GBR (Islands & Cays) ?

Qld National Parks ?

GBRMP ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

[QUOTE=NAGG;1695308]So out of curiosity - where can you have an open fire on the GBR (Islands & Cays) ?

Qld National Parks ?

GBRMP ?

Dunno Chris , im just happy to have my Gas Stove n Billy making a fresh Cuppa onboard or cookin a freshly caught Fish/Crab and relaxing a wee tad ..
    At my age want the least amount of stress or complications with Fish nowdays ey..
    Its the journey more than the Fish caught these days with most time Kids saying "Not Fish again " when Missus cooks a feed lol..

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    So out of curiosity - where can you have an open fire on the GBR (Islands & Cays) ?

Qld National Parks ?

GBRMP ?

Chris
    If you go here https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/parks?type=campground and select "camp fires allowed" and "accessible by boat" as a feature you will get a list. The you can scroll. They aren't all on islands but I guess it is a start. There doesn't seem to be any GBR islands listed only sites on Moreton.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    If you go here https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/parks?type=campground and select "camp fires allowed" and "accessible by boat" as a feature you will get a list. The you can scroll. They aren't all on islands but I guess it is a start. There doesn't seem to be any GBR islands listed only sites on Moreton.

Matt
    Thanks Matt

The only boat accessible place in tropical north Qld that you can have a fire is Lake Tinaroo according to the search on DESQ .

According to GBRMP there are no fires allowed on any island or cay that fall under Commonwealth jurisdiction .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO