Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Re: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I am really surprised you of all people have such a high horse to sit on. I mean honestly. Of all the Ausfishers that have ever been on this site I would have expected that camping on an island, building a fire and leaving nothing but footprints would be so unforgiving. Especially with your track record.

aren’t we glad certain Ausfishers never posted the photos of this back in the day?

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...es+nest%2Bfire

These days with cancel culture so rife many are warning that you need to be very careful of setting such standards because you need to remain squeeky clean or risk getting cancelled yourself. Whoopi Goldberg is realising this as we speak. But for you, your holier than thou attitude comes years after acts of vandalism and far more illegal activities, that you got away with, that were made public.

I would have thought you’d be more forgiving under the circumstances.
    & here I was waiting for Dale to bring this up . ..... well done Lovey as you were my second bet.
    I know you & others at the time wished it to be much more than it was ( but it wasn't ) & even after being investigated by the authorities.... There was no getting away with anything.

Maybe it's because of that moment in time that I'm more mindful of what I do & what I can't do .....

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

This is so typical of Ausfish members bitchiness that has nearly collapsed the site numerous times over the past two decades.

How about Ausfish getting back to just fishing and fishing reports huh?

I'm not for or against anyone in particular, just against this post type and all political rows that occur here.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Well there you go..The Eagle has landed.....or was he roasted..?...

People in glass houses, huh..!

Geez nagg you sure do know how to stir up a hornets nest (Eagles nest..?) and it only took a couple of gallons of unleaded..

Nagg, No doubt we have all done some silly things in our lives particularly when younger...I guess one of the challenges is too not sit too harshly in judgement when others do something wrong , particularly something relatively minor that has no impact whatsoever on other people or the environment (like cooking a fish on a campfire on a remote cay)........ otherwise it can easily be construed as hypocrisy..
    Dont be a knob like Lovey ..... there was no nest (any nest) & there was no gasoline ... & that's the reality.
    I know you're digging - good try with the genny - NOT! .

But I do find it interesting that you are supportive of someone who has been caught out multiple times breaking the law camping in restricted areas , dozens of fires in national parks when they are not allowed & apparently taking fish in green zones . A local bloke who would know the rules . ..... this is ok ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ausfish Bronze Member Stressless's Avatar

The Preservation (Pink) Zone is a 'no go' area. A person cannot enter a Preservation (Pink) Zone unless they have written permission and extractive activities are strictly prohibited. A permit is required to conduct research in this zone.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post

Until you show me in writing that "No generators permitted" means anything but that then I wont believe the word of the 2 grunts changing the campsite 's dunny paper that said "no worries" back in 2018...

So unless you want to send the Department of environment your photo with the full details to get an official veiwpoint then we are at a stalemate...
    I'll break the stalemate. Chris takes the legal point on this one. Sorry Disorderly

The sign is an attempt to dumb the rule down to the lowest common denominator hence is widely open to interpretation. Multiple pieces of legislation also act together. In this instance I believe the boat and the tent are legally considered the same as your house at home. Hence, stored "at home" is not "in use". There is also intent, which is a separate issue. Similar examples are taking a dog through a National Park on a gazetted road as long as it doesn't leave the vehicle, and carrying a bang stick that is legally secured, despite signs everywhere that tell you that both are "illegal".

Then, despite all that, sometimes you have to challenge the roadside interpretation done by whichever officer of the crown you are dealing with in a court of law. They don't always get it right. Ask any modified car guy!

Cheers
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    But I do find it interesting that you are supportive of someone who has been caught out multiple times breaking the law camping in restricted areas , dozens of fires in national parks when they are not allowed & apparently taking fish in green zones .
    From a legal perspective, I struggle with most of these allegations unless there is a shitload more evidence than shown in the videos.

1) camping in restricted areas - unless there is photo surveillance it will be hard/impossible to show where they were. Trying to line up backgrounds in videos is unlikely to cut it in court as the video has zero chain of custody so could have been edited to hell.
    2)dozens of fires in national parks when they are not allowed - Does the NP extend below HAT? If not, then what does the GBRMPA legislation say about fires in the marine park? Would have to read a lot to find the answer and I'm not his lawyer so CBF!
    3) Same as point 1.

If he's a serial ####### then #### him. If he fishes in green zones then take his boat. If he lands is preservation zones then ping him for that too. Unfortunately, all we can do at the moment is speculate given the lack of detail. Would be nice to see the brief off evidence.

PS.
    1) Since when am I the voice of reason instead of just a serial shitposter?
    2) Numbered dot points....chanelling Kerry/SatNav!!

Funny reading that old post again. Some old member names that have all now disappeared. I was there that weekend. I saw the photos on someone’s phone around the campfire that night. All history now. No point in raking over the coals (pun intended).

It will be interesting to see how the court case goes in this one. All a bit over the top in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    From a legal perspective, I struggle with most of these allegations unless there is a shitload more evidence than shown in the videos.

1) camping in restricted areas - unless there is photo surveillance it will be hard/impossible to show where they were. Trying to line up backgrounds in videos is unlikely to cut it in court as the video has zero chain of custody so could have been edited to hell.
    2)dozens of fires in national parks when they are not allowed - Does the NP extend below HAT? If not, then what does the GBRMPA legislation say about fires in the marine park? Would have to read a lot to find the answer and I'm not his lawyer so CBF!
    3) Same as point 1.

If he's a serial ####### then #### him. If he fishes in green zones then take his boat. If he lands is preservation zones then ping him for that too. Unfortunately, all we can do at the moment is speculate given the lack of detail. Would be nice to see the brief off evidence.

PS.
    1) Since when am I the voice of reason instead of just a serial shitposter?
    2) Numbered dot points....chanelling Kerry/SatNav!!
    Yep good post mate...seeing what proof they have will be most interesting...they never actually state where they are in the video's ..

The whole situation hints of heavy handed arrogance to me and I really think they may have lost the plot in pursuing those guys....I asked Strick and Fran at the ramp one day after that 4 month trip why they didnt take a solar panel and fridge...their reply was that that dont need to store any food or fish ,they only needed to catch or spear a fish every day or 2 to survive......

and with Chris's generator I personally have no issue in the way that he has said he uses it..I was just trying to prove the point that someone that looks for a way to skirt around the rules shouldnt really be pointing the finger at others for minor indiscretions ( i still doubt the green zone fishing allegation )....

perhaps a little hypocrisy there..the wicker man weekend just reinforces that..

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Dont be a knob like Lovey ..... there was no nest (any nest) & there was no gasoline ... & that's the reality.
    I know you're digging - good try with the genny - NOT! .

But I do find it interesting that you are supportive of someone who has been caught out multiple times breaking the law camping in restricted areas , dozens of fires in national parks when they are not allowed & apparently taking fish in green zones . A local bloke who would know the rules . ..... this is ok ?

Chris
    Chris, its you that have to always be right..everything so black and white..

These guys have denied the charges and will be taking it to court..how about we allow that process to happen before crucifying them..?

Perhaps, like you with the genny, they were of the assumption that a fire on the beach below the high tide mark was not breaking the law...

and perhaps like many locals up here we realize that there are hundreds of islands or cays up in FNQ and only a few have "designated" camping areas on them but many people. including myself, have no problem with an overnight camp on one of the many other deserted beachs or islands as long as its not a pink zone or bird sanctuary ..yet I have never heard of anyone been charged with this before...

I would hardly call them criminals....you are a pretty hard taskmaster for someone who doesnt even live locally ..

Lets let the court process happen and see what proof the enviro-nazis have dug up from their "taskforce" investigation into the witchhunt of these alleged habitual "criminals" and re-evaluate then, Huh..?

FFS have we really arrived at a place in history where you are travelling in a remote area where there are no other humans and you find yourself in court for catching a cooking a bloody fish on the beach for your dinner..

If so please just shoot me now...

What’s the difference in having a generator in a boat in a no gen camping beach and a yacht anchoring off that beach and listening to there wet exhaust from there genny running 24/7 and there rigging vibrating and whistling in sea breeze ?.

Fffeeeeeecckkk !!, so much debate and arguing over a Couple that thought they may have been above the Law due to their Yayatube Vids , people desparetly want to hop onboard to watch the opposite sex trying to cove the hole in the crack with a small slice of cloth!!, Aaaaaannndd most of or part there , most of the Popular Yayatube Vids try copy each other by thinking if they have a female as the forefront host of the Vid getting about tryin ta cover that crack or the hole which exists withing the crack with again a piece of linen/cloth then they get the thumbs up with each Vid ??..
    Propably do too and seems to work to the extent that the Law which is supposed to enforce what happens in this post gets critisised more so than the offending couple??..

Personally i dont know or wish to know the exact cicumstances but if they were caught breaking the rules and a fine was warrented then so be it..
    I for one do watch ample Yayatube Vids to learn something i have been having a problem with whether it be mechanical or electrical for instance and offcourse i like to watch the underdog who makes a Good Fishing Vid mostly to share with others . Sometimes you pick something up new and sometimes its just nice laying back watching someone catching a fish while its to windy for you to get out or your in the Doghouse and cant get out lol..

The abovementioned proffited by their Vids and should allow so much of their profits to go towards costs along the way such as happened or is happenning.

Awhile back i started a post "Do you want to be a Youtuber " or such and it was after watching Sooo many young people nowdays trying to get rich via Yayatube by the above means i mentioned lol.
    Gone are the days when you could freely rock up to an Island , part of a Coastline (Yellowpatch for instance) and pitch up a tent , light a campfire and reside with nature fer a wee while and Dream and righfully so laws had to be made to protect such areas in todays World and the nature of some people that share the land with us ey//.

Ive had the pleasure of sharing a bit of our nature , Inland Rivers , outback etc without the need of permits but nowdays if one pre plans and has a little Patience and willing to share with others , one can still do this..
    Its out there , get out and enjoy it rather than argue over it offcourse within the bounderies of the law as its deemed that our nature needs protecting and then so it should be so our younger generation can to some limit experience it as we have ..
    I also do believe that there are those that will Profit from it as is happenning with some of our Roads under the excuse of maintaining !!..
    But that is the World we live in at present ey..

Get back to what the Forum is intended for Fellas , im sure we/you/and all of us are Good Folk sharing the same interest . Life gets a tad frustrating a lot of the time especailly the last couple of Years even for our Politicians which seem to have lost the plot for awhile lol..
    With maybe one day saying "feck we didnt need to mabnbdate afer all " Lol..

Hokay thats my lot doen n dusted ..

This thread is a prime example why Aussies are leaving Australia in droves. We are now the nanny country. I can see why Riley and Elana don't live here anymore. We descended from the traps not the convicts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by docaster View Post
    This thread is a prime example why Aussies are leaving Australia in droves. We are now the nanny country. I can see why Riley and Elana don't live here anymore. We descended from the traps not the convicts.

Mate , doubt they are leaving Australia in droves !!, just moving into Queensland sending houseprices rocketting lol.
    Just watching " Micks Gone Fishing " on Yayatube and thats a Contributer ide give a thumbs up fer sure.
    Uses his Fishing e perience n talent to inspre others .

Fishing with his Son or Nephew and the apatience and knowledge he is showing is what Fishing should be all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Mate , doubt they are leaving Australia in droves !!, just moving into Queensland sending houseprices rocketting lol.
    Just watching " Micks Gone Fishing " on Yayatube and thats a Contributer ide give a thumbs up fer sure.
    Uses his Fishing e perience n talent to inspre others .
    Qld is up there with em. It's a circus at the moment lol. I'll check that site, never heard of him, thanks for that.