Thread: ARK Tarps

ARK Tarps

Hey all

I'm looking to replace my tarp for camping (6 x 4 m) & looking beyond the traditional silver tarps that you get at Bunnings BCF etc
    Particularly looking to cut some weight & it was interesting to come across these tarps (ARK Tarps) which use a different technology (XF) to the traditional woven & coated PP
    I like the fact that the tarps are around 50-60% of the weight of a heavy duty silver tarp.

www.arktarps.com.au/product/heavy-duty-tarps

Pricing is only a fraction more than the Bunnings tarps .

Anyhow I bit the bullet & ordered a 6x4m & a 3x2m free postage for orders over $100 hence why I bought the little one which basically cost me $10.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: ARK Tarps

The tarps arrived today ...... quite different structure to the traditional silver poly tarp .

much thinner & lighter . I bought the camo ones (yeh I know) .... I reckon these tarps transmit more light that the silver tarps which may be a good thing ..... or not (hotter ?)

I reckon these tarps could be noisier .... they have a crispness to them like those cheap blue tarps .
    Material certainly feels tough though & puncture resistant .
    The eyelets are pretty good ...... the material edge is doubled over ultrasonically welded - then another piece of material is doubled over & then the eyelet is welded in . I reckon on a straight pull it would be tough to tear. Will it be stronger than a stitched in ring on a extra heavy duty silver tarp ..... dont know - time will tell

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Might look into them myself as an undelay for a Swag on the Boat ??..
    Even partial Boat Cover beat the Sun off the Console??..

the 2 x 3 M should be ideal

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Always good to here about another sort of material used in the good old tart the lighter weight sounds good .

Ausfish Bronze Member Ah Me Ting's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hey all

I'm looking to replace my tarp for camping (6 x 4 m) & looking beyond the traditional silver tarps that you get at Bunnings BCF etc
    Particularly looking to cut some weight & it was interesting to come across these tarps (ARK Tarps) which use a different technology (XF) to the traditional woven & coated PP
    I like the fact that the tarps are around 50-60% of the weight of a heavy duty silver tarp.

www.arktarps.com.au/product/heavy-duty-tarps

Pricing is only a fraction more than the Bunnings tarps .

Anyhow I bit the bullet & ordered a 6x4m & a 3x2m free postage for orders over $100 hence why I bought the little one which basically cost me $10.

Chris
    I see they do boat covers too!

https://www.arktarps.com.au/product/boat-covers/
    When my wife calls, tell her I'm in "Ah Me Ting"

Ah Me Ting = 2019 Quintrex 420 Renegade (Tohatsu 50hp 2 Stroke)

Ausfish Platinum Member

Looked interesting, I just ordered the boat cover version, same as the Extra Heavy Duty, in 9x5. Interesting to see how it handles the FNQ sun/heat compared to the current boat cover I've got.
    Cheers
    Corry