Thread: Weather For Fishing

Ausfish New Member

Weather For Fishing

G'day All, I recently installed a weather station at our home, mainly because I am a techno freak and I just love knowing not only what happened, but what is about to happen - and having a record of it. My weather station is online at a site called Wunderground, so it is accessible 24/7 not only by me, but by anyone else. And the penny dropped when I realised I could actually check to see what the weather is like at the place that I am about to go fishing...

Only recently got back into boating/fishing, so I thought I'd have a peek at whether there is a station at one of my local dams (Moogerah, S E Qld). Lo and behold, there is a station there:

Personal Weather Station Dashboard | Weather Underground (wunderground.com)

Hopefully the link will work, the big deal is that if you join up at Wunderground you will have real time weather on your computer monitor for any place on Earth that has a weather station, either at the Wunderground website or any others that may be out there. A forecast is one thing, but real time weather at (or close to) where you want to go is priceless.

Let me know how ya's go with this.

Cheers

BP

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Weather For Fishing

I'll look at that over the weekend. I just recently got a station for home too, but haven't done the online thing to set it up.

When we were down south, I'd use the surf cameras or marina cameras to see what was happening live before heading down, loved checking before getting in the car.
    Cheers
    Corry