Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your plans for 2022

Re: What's your plans for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Well 2022 has commenced with a bang, and not really a bang that I am happy about. Oh well got to keep the wife happy some times

Two days ago (Wednesday) I sold my beloved 2000 model Seafarer V-Sea and bought a caravan. I suppose you can’t have everything all at once.

I will say I was ecstatic with price I got as it has a Johnson 115 hp two which everyone was telling was worth nothing and nobody wants two strokes

I bought this boat about seven years ago, and when I sold it I got $500 more than what I paid for it. How good is this Covid tax

OUT

Attachment 125311

IN

Attachment 125312

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast
    That’s the go shakey they are a nice van drop in for a beer if you see me
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Well 2022 has commenced with a bang, and not really a bang that I am happy about. Oh well got to keep the wife happy some times

Two days ago (Wednesday) I sold my beloved 2000 model Seafarer V-Sea 郎郎郎 and bought a caravan. I suppose you can’t have everything all at once.

I will say I was ecstatic with price I got as it has a Johnson 115 hp two which everyone was telling was worth nothing and nobody wants two strokes

I bought this boat about seven years ago, and when I sold it I got $500 more than what I paid for it. How good is this Covid tax

OUT

Attachment 125311

IN

Attachment 125312

How much extra did you pay for the van though

Very sad to see a bloke sell their boat without it involving an upgrade

Enjoy your mobile toilet

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Two days ago (Wednesday) I sold my beloved 2000 model Seafarer V-Sea 郎郎郎 and bought a caravan. I suppose you can’t have everything all at once.

OUT

Attachment 125311

IN

Attachment 125312

In reality - a few months down the track

Buy another boat.jpg
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Its been nice knowing you Shakey..

Shame you have been captured by the Grey Nomad cult..

If you want an intervention or rescue just let us know...

cheers Scott

Envy you Shakey , sold my van and kinda miss it . Mind you i couldnt and wouldnt be travelling at the Mo with a van due to my enphosema as i like staying in van parks mostly and didnt freecamp that much.
    You had a Van before , do much vanning ??..

My plans for 2022 started off with a bang too. However I didn't buy a mobile home, I bought a permanent one in North Queensland.

The boat will now get way more use than it did when I was down south. Look out reef (fish are probably safe though as I am useless!)

No more cold winters. Tick.
    No more 2 hour drives each way to the boat ramp. Tick. (1 hour to Lucinda is fine.....)

Hopefully this will be a good year. It's gotta be better than last year, which as it worked out - started off with a mouse plague and ended with a rat shortage!

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Its been nice knowing you Shakey..

Shame you have been captured by the Grey Nomad cult..

If you want an intervention or rescue just let us know...

cheers Scott
    Disorderly & gang

It’ll take me a while get over the boat, but I’ll hang around here with you blokes cause I like it.

Have to keep abreast of current trends and info as I’m sure I’ll be back boating one day

Going to Lake Mondrian in March

Disorderly & gang

It’ll take me a while get over the boat, but I’ll hang around here with you blokes cause I like it.

Have to keep abreast of current trends and info as I’m sure I’ll be back boating one day

Nice to hear Shakey..i quite enjoy your input on the forum..

Where are you guys planning to head off to on your camping journey..?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    Going to Lake Mondrian in March
    Monduran ???

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Cancelled trips suck

last year my boat hit the water on only 3 occasions (incl the recent Whitsundays trip) but I got bang for my buck .

Chris
    Crikeys. I havent had the boat in the water for 3 weeks and Im getting ready to visit a counsellor ..

Quote Originally Posted by Brettoh View Post
    Crikeys. I havent had the boat in the water for 3 weeks and Im getting ready to visit a counsellor ..
    I'm a lazy boater (hate the clean up & a single long day) ...... If it's not a weekend trip I dont take the boat out & the last time I used a boat on a day trip I was living in Brisbane - so that's probably 2014.
    Last year was crap because of Covid but I reckon I'll get away in Feb & March up the coast to Pt Stephens & Crowdy head - then I'm up at Evans Head for 10 nights (ANZAC period) , no plans for June / July ( I reckon I'll get a couple of Port Stephens trips in though ) ... August is Etty Bay for 13 nights , no pans for Sept / Oct / Nov - Dec probably NQ again - depending on the weather that still could be 30-35 days plus of on water time. I do get bang for my buck.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Dragging the boat up to Lucinda later in the year, will drop it off at the oldies in Mackay earlier just to break the trip up, will be the biggest fishing road trip I have done and never been up there so will be an interesting trip

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RayLamp View Post
    My plans for 2022 started off with a bang too. However I didn't buy a mobile home, I bought a permanent one in North Queensland.

The boat will now get way more use than it did when I was down south. Look out reef (fish are probably safe though as I am useless!)

No more cold winters. Tick.
    No more 2 hour drives each way to the boat ramp. Tick. (1 hour to Lucinda is fine.....)

Hopefully this will be a good year. It's gotta be better than last year, which as it worked out - started off with a mouse plague and ended with a rat shortage!
    Where did you move to RayLamp? We're Cairns and Seaforth (QLD) based, love fishing out of Lucinda.
    Cheers
    Corry

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    Dragging the boat up to Lucinda later in the year, will drop it off at the oldies in Mackay earlier just to break the trip up, will be the biggest fishing road trip I have done and never been up there so will be an interesting trip
    I'm sure you'll enjoy it ...... something special about leaving your comfort zone

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO