Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Insulated Fish Bag vs esky and boat contents review

Re: Insulated Fish Bag vs esky and boat contents review

I am happy with Satlt away> I chose to use that product after a comprehensive search revealed a University study on a number of different methods to treat "the City's " fleet of snow ploughs, mobile plant and vehicles from salt corrosion during the winter. Saltaway was the recommended or best performer.
    The other products from Captain whoever are probably very similar products< some sort of tall oil , a surfactant and something to bond the 2 together so they dont seperate in the bottle

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I saw these products in Anaconda - It cost $140 if yo bought the gun , wash & flush separately . $115 from Salty Captain (plus shipping) ..... so it was going to cost me $130-$140 for the wash products

I've asked a few people I know & they rate the stuff - some say better than Salt Away ... which really never impressed me on my unpainted boat .

Anyhoos - I saw this deal which cost me $183.60 (after 10% discount) incl shipping ..... so for $53.60 for the bag I wasn't going to wait for opinions considering the bag sells for $180 ( discounted from $200) ..... it costs double that for a cheap option .

So yeh , a good deal alright

I'm imagining that the bag might be pretty decent by the look of of it ..... time will tell

Chris

Any updates on the Salty Captain fish bags? Any experiences with how they have worked? I’m thinking about getting one of the Daiwa versions as I can get them locally, thought I would ask about these.
    The large Madfish bags are out of stock on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_McC View Post
    Any updates on the Salty Captain fish bags? Any experiences with how they have worked? I’m thinking about getting one of the Daiwa versions as I can get them locally, thought I would ask about these.
    The large Madfish bags are out of stock on their website.
    I've only used mine on the one occasion where we stored a jew & a couple of mackerel for around 18 hours before getting around to clean them . It held the ice really well .
    On this occasion we transferred the fish from the boats esky into the bag & then stored the fish till we got around to cleaning them the next day . In this case it did it's job well .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks Chris, good info. Reckon I might get one to keep in a long compartment for Mack’s and threadies, the bigger ones rarely survive capture so it’s good to be prepared to store one.