Thread: Etty Bay (Innisfail NQ) August 15-25th 2022

Etty Bay (Innisfail NQ) August 15-25th 2022

Hey all

Just throwing it out there - I've just booked my camp site at Etty Bay caravan park for this August after cancelling my return trip to the Whitsundays .

If anyone is interested - why not join us .

The park it'self is quite nice on the beach - Mourilyan Hbr is a great launching spot & relatively easy access to the reef (30km)
    You do have some inshore options as well (incl the Harbour) - Moresby river

You'd probably need to make a booking pretty soon to secure your powered site ($45 / night) Our site is 13 so you can look up where that is on their website . let me know if anyone is interested.

www.ettybaycaravanpark.com.au

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Etty Bay (Innisfail NQ) August 15-25th 2022

If the tradewinds are making life difficult for you guys maybe come down and check out Mission beach...I might be able to show you around the baitgrounds ..Hinchinbrook, the Family islands and Dunk can give a bit of protection on the trip out and back.....

The new ramp at Clump point is quite nice too with rigging bays, washdown bays if you bring a hose and tap handle and even a toilet block.....still have to get there early on a good day though as they were not allowed by the greenies to make any more parking spaces...

Clump point ramp.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    If the tradewinds are making life difficult for you guys maybe come down and check out Mission beach...I might be able to show you around the baitgrounds ..Hinchinbrook, the Family islands and Dunk can give a bit of protection on the trip out and back.....

The new ramp at Clump point is quite nice too with rigging bays, washdown bays if you bring a hose and tap handle and even a toilet block.....still have to get there early on a good day though as they were not allowed by the greenies to make any more parking spaces...

Clump point ramp.jpg
    I did a little research the other day (watched the promo video of Clump point ramp) it looks like a great facility.
    As it's only 40mins from Etty Bay - it's a great option if the winds are up .

From what I've researched - mid to late August does see some lighter winds in the morning before picking up in the afternoon - lets just hope that this year is no different .
    Certainly will appreciate any help

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

The ramps 3 times the size but the same number of carparks as 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    The ramps 3 times the size but the same number of carparks as 20 years ago
    well noted ....

Any trip to Clump pt will be an early start - hopefully beat the crowd & it wont be a holiday period .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Might be able to catch up. I am doing a Kimberleys trip and coming back to Brisvegas from Cairns about the 19th - 20th and Etty Bay is on my list of stop overs.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Might be able to catch up. I am doing a Kimberleys trip and coming back to Brisvegas from Cairns about the 19th - 20th and Etty Bay is on my list of stop overs.

LP
    Cool bananas - Well be up the back corner .... hopefully we can catch up .

It's a nice place

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO