Thread: Bow mount plate . $550????

Bow mount plate . $550????

What the hell has happened with prices to get a bow mount plate welded on? 10 years ago it cost me 110 bucks. Now I'm being told it's over 500. Not going to be able to afford getting my bow mount mounted for another month at this rate.

Re: Bow mount plate . $550????

Quote Originally Posted by Chamelion View Post
    What the hell has happened with prices to get a bow mount plate welded on? 10 years ago it cost me 110 bucks. Now I'm being told it's over 500. Not going to be able to afford getting my bow mount mounted for another month at this rate.
    I reckon it would cost you that much if you ordered this with a new boat .

I was told that the two leccy battery box mounting points in my boat ( there is nothing to them - just bent 2mm aluminium plate welded to the floor ) cost $400 at the time of build.

Guess it depends also on the level of workmanship as well - is it just a weld or made to look like part of the boat ... using alloy extrusion as part of the build ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Told by who ?

dont just go off one price ring around

a workshop doing a job on the books would be charging the job at at 150 per hour easily
    https://www.brismarine.com.au/produc...mount-bracket/

That’s retail so at least half that just for a fabricator to make a one off piece plus weld it on

I heard the american welders charge per inch of weld plus consumables and supplies but what i think aussie welders do is charge per job or what the jobs worth to you

I have had a few aluminium jobs welded up auto mechanics that do aluminium welding charge a ####ing shit load so i only go to a specific guy that only does all aluminium welding and hes very reasonable once had a carby throttle mount welded back on cost $50 saved me $700 from replacing it, recently had a cylinder head welded for $300 that i was told was unrepairable

Aluminium fabrication and welding is not cheap

The welder has to order in the material or fabricate your bow mount, weld it on thats probably a good 60-70cm of tig welding, argon, tig rods, tig consumables, electricity, rent, than he has to make money on top for him self